Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

I just want to be there at the start or close to the start. I still love P99 but it isn't quite the experience I remember. Of course there will be people who blow through the pre-kunark content but the vast majority won't.

It will also be interesting to see pure classic race/class combos, i.e. not easy mode(iksar) necro/monks.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us didn't hear about P99 til well into Kunark bro. So for some people those things do change who owns what.

More to the point...some people actually like progression. I don't necessarily want to sock a guise, but I do want to be in a guild in scrappy gear trying to solo Naggy the first time, when we're all 50s doing the encounter the way it was designed to be done.
Unfortunately, just like red, unless you're in the top guild with time to invest you will never get to do Nagafen with a scraggly group of ragtags in banded armor. Within a month the hardest crews will be 50 and have batphones going out whenever he spawns. Green isn't the savior people are looking for. No matter the server, time invested in Everquest = you win.

Not trying to say it's a good or bad thing, just how it is.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually I disagree completely. One example was on Phinigel there was a particular person who would repeatedly train anyone trying to farm the GEBS camp. He'd camp there 18 hours a day. He had an absolute stranglehold on the market. But somehow I still managed to get my own pair.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's very mistaken if you think P99 is the epitome of 'elitist' and only here can people be anal about camping certain loot.

Furthermore, I can accept your point about how the top people on Blue will be hte top people on Green if they decide to roll on it. Sure. But why does that even matter? It's a new economy. There isn't the enormous glut of platinum and items that there is now. Hell, until Kunark releases and people get access to Sebilis there isn't even that much raw platinum entering the system.

I realize some people may not have seen the post, but Rogean has stated it has always been the plan to do this once they'd finished writing all the patches.

Here's the direct quote from nilbog. Please pay attention to the bolded part:

Cute and idealistic (things that don't exist on p99). As someone who has played since 2010, I can confirm, Thulack is 1000% right. The same people will control everything. The first person high enough to camp the contested items will just pass camp between guildies for the life of the item. Sure, it had gotten better on p99. But if you think a manastone(purely for holding onto and selling later) doesn't get 90% of the neckbeards hard then we play on very different servers.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately, just like red, unless you're in the top guild with time to invest you will never get to do Nagafen with a scraggly group of ragtags in banded armor. Within a month the hardest crews will be 50 and have batphones going out whenever he spawns. Green isn't the savior people are looking for. No matter the server, time invested in Everquest = you win.

Not trying to say it's a good or bad thing, just how it is.
This is exactly why Phinigel is popular. Keep preaching it though. Green will be .0001% different from Blue we play on now. All the exact same people getting and hoarding the exact same items. Legit there will be no difference. Same with raid targets etc.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

C'mon people, you have to realize that EQ, even with its vast sandbox world and crazy time investment to level, is not designed to entertain you forever. No game is. Eventually you're going to get to the point where you either need to start over (e.g. do things that are "repetitive") with a new toon or move on to another game. We've all been doing this for a long time, so yes it feels repetitive if you keep doing the same things over and over again and follow the guides/min-max ways to progress your character.

Again, it's a SANDBOX game- it's up to you to make it interesting. And when it's not any more, then do something else for a while. But that doesn't mean its a POS game and anyone that plays it is a retard. That's just your perspective because you've literally exhausted yourself on playing a game for longer than it's intended to entertain you.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle;2348866...
Equally though, my concern for option B) Green 99 is that will we have enough population to withstand it? I think the answer is yes, as I honestly feel [B
we'd steal people from current live servers like Phinigel.[/B]
This is the ultimate reason another server will not be made - Daybreak's cuckholding of Rogean.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pls stop making threads like this.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:17 AM
Fire Giant

Early days of this server were freakin great lmao, totally different world. So glad I got here month 1.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

i miss /target without LoS

ahhh yes those days.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Early days of this server were freakin great lmao, totally different world. So glad I got here month 1.
Loved global chat with the andain stories

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread