Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so easy to make loramin ‘sperg out and type walls of text - you would think he would stop taking the bait by now
If your goal in life is to "make Loramin 'sperg out and type walls of text", you need new life goals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ready for a server where there aren't people with 10 fully buffed epic lvl 60s camped out all over Norrath
So like the first 3 months of Green? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so easy to make loramin ‘sperg out and type walls of text - you would think he would stop taking the bait by now
i just want him to stop talking about the p99 devs and daybreak employees like he's a staff member who has access to privileged information.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just want him to stop talking about the p99 devs and daybreak employees like he's a staff member who has access to privileged information.
Everything I say about the staff comes from reading the posts they make on the forums. I don't have or pretend to have special access to any secret or privileged information: I just pay attention, and I've been here for about half a decade.

If you don't believe me when I say Green is the entire reason for this project's existence, that's fine: go read what Rogean and Nilbog have to say about it (use Google because this forum's search isn't very good at finding old posts from specific people). Or you can complain about what I say like I'm making up some sort of secret knowledge, when all I'm doing is repeating what you can read for yourself: your call.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it ok if he pretends that he's a magic wielding shaman who can pull a dog out of his ass and use it to beat up on trolls and frog-people? Just no pretending to be an expert on message board content, then? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Has there been any hint from Nilbog/Rogean and Co about the possibility of green in the past couple years? I retired awhile back, saying I'd return for a fresh green romp. Every time I check back in to these forums though there doesn't seem to be any word on it.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has there been any hint from Nilbog/Rogean and Co about the possibility of green in the past couple years? I retired awhile back, saying I'd return for a fresh green romp. Every time I check back in to these forums though there doesn't seem to be any word on it.
Green is the entire point of Project 1999, and the devs have been very clear about this in the past (although for the record, they never call it "Green" or "Recycle Server"; those are both player names).

So, unless you see either Rogean or Nilbog posting that they are hanging up their hat and have given up on this whole "as-classic-as-we-can-make-it classic EQ server project" idea (ie. Project 1999), it's still in the works. But as often needs to be repeated, they are in no rush whatsoever, and given that Velious took seven years we should all expect to be waiting for quite awhile still.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is the entire point of Project 1999, and the devs have been very clear about this in the past (although for the record, they never call it "Green" or "Recycle Server"; those are both player names).

So, unless you see either Rogean or Nilbog posting that they are hanging up their hat and have given up on this whole "as-classic-as-we-can-make-it classic EQ server project" idea (ie. Project 1999), it's still in the works. But as often needs to be repeated, they are in no rush whatsoever, and given that Velious took seven years we should all expect to be waiting for quite awhile still.
Nice, good stuff. Pantheon seems to be ages off, I imagine we may see a green before Pantheon's release.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Man oh man, how the years have come and gone. Would love a new green server.

It's been 10 years! Just realized that. And I never even made Planar Protector...weak.
Last edited by Safon; 03-18-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagglebaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice, good stuff. Pantheon seems to be ages off, I imagine we may see a green before Pantheon's release.
I hear you. Pantheon is starting to ramp up, but they are redoing a lot of art assets, which tells me they are a year or two from Beta still.

With regard to Green, everything that Loramin has stated is accurate based on the comments from the devs. Until the final patch before Luclin is applied to the Blue server, we will not see a Green server.

The two releases might be neck and neck, Haggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]