Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Part of the Daybreak Agreement Officially Exposed: New Servers NOT Prevented

So now it's official: Daybreak has told us what many have suspected, and in the process disproved another popular theory. The Daybreak agreement does not prevent P99 from launching new servers! However it does impact when they're allowed to launch those servers:

Quote:
"We have more players now than we did in 2015 and our revenue has gone up," says Longdale. "And that's thanks to these servers. The Project 1999 guys are not malicious or trying to steal our money. So we just have an agreement in place that they don't launch stuff around the same time we do."
https://www.pcgamer.com/how-is-class...r-two-decades/

FWIW this seems like a totally reasonable ask on Daybreak's part, and a totally reasonable thing for P99 to give up, but I'm sure everyone here will have their own opinion.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

40 minutes late on my response

green server October confirmed. P1999 10 year anniversary. Rotations for all!

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So now it's official: Daybreak has told us what many have suspected, and in the process disproved another popular theory. The Daybreak agreement does not prevent P99 from launching new servers! However it does impact when they're allowed to launch those servers:

FWIW this seems like a totally reasonable ask on Daybreak's part, and a totally reasonable thing for P99 to give up, but I'm sure everyone here will have their own opinion.
Very interesting. Wonder if Daybreak would be willing to share more information on this agreement.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 03-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

wonder how they feel about the 46 TAKP players...
Old 03-12-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Not Classic.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this does not in reality produce insight into contract lettering. I think I would change your wording to: "So now it's unofficial!:"
Old 03-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"One of our biggest lessons is that all an EverQuest player cares about is power," says Longdale. "Where's the raid, what does it drop, and how many times do I have to do it to get all the pieces?"
Way to know your customer base Daybreak, kudos. Hahaha.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this does not in reality produce insight into contract lettering. I think I would change your wording to: "So now it's unofficial!:"
For all we know the agreement is about when patches are put out and a new server is still forbidden. Impossible to know really.

Things that make you go hmmm...
Old 03-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
40 minutes late on my response

green server October confirmed. P1999 10 year anniversary. Rotations for all!
Sorry, wasn't trying to "upstage you", but you buried the lead in that thread so I didn't think this had been posted yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all we know the agreement is about when patches are put out and a new server is still forbidden. Impossible to know really.

Things that make you go hmmm...
Daybreak flat out said that the agreement was to limit when P99 released servers. Basic logic dictates that if they wanted to prevent new servers from being released, they'd say that. But clearly in that quote they don't: they say they're cool with P99, and all they care about is that P99 doesn't time server releases to conflict with their server releases.

Sure it's technically possible they just failed to mention that or lied about it ... but again normal/rational people wouldn't talk about the agreement like that while not mentioning or hiding a secret clause preventing new P99 servers.

And of course, long before this article there's always been the basic logic that "The entire point of Project 1999 is to create a true classic (ie. Green) server, and the P99 admins would never have entered into an agreement which thwarted the project's central purpose". This just gives official proof from Daybreak about what their motives are and why they entered into the agreement.

But look, I've been on these forums for a long time. I'm 100% sure that neither this nor any other proof will be enough for some people. Hell, I guarantee there would be people who would wig out about conspiracies even if there was video evidence of the Daybreak people and Rogean personally signing a contract, and the entire contract was captured on video.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-12-2019 at 01:17 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

lol’d

The article is an article, why would DBG tell the entirety of the agreement. Hopefully its as you say but to dismiss the possibility is a little naive.