Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think this is right. 'Desired treasure camp'? Isn't all treasure desired by definition? If he's holding it down, he has the camp. What about camps that have multiple drops that might be 'desired'. Which one triggers the 'you have to go now' mechanic? Can I roll up to you and claim that I am camping that silver piece you just got, so you have to leave now? Or the leather boots? Incoming large post from Loramin.
When has the staff ever cared about the EC price of an item for any ruling they've ever made?

But look, to be clear none of this is in the Play Nice Policies. Camp Rules are not official server rules; they are just things GMs have said in the past. And I say this as the person who wrote the Camp Rules page (and put the giant warning in Red saying as much at the top).

So ultimately, as with anything not explicitly spelled out on the Play Nice Policies, there is no way to know for certain how a GM will decide to rule on it. Literally Menden could decide Bob has to give up the crocodile once he gets his leggings, and Llandris could decide Bob can keep the camp until he feels like leaving. That's how the rules work here.

But if you wanted to guess at what the staff would think, all you have to do is read what Derubael wrote and it seems clear to me (emphasis added):

Quote:
Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This has nothing to do with the list mechanic. The rule stated in OPs post is a general rule for all mobs that are camped for a specific item. The rule is made in good faith and is not enforceable seeing as no one would know if you looted the gatorscale leggings or not (unless you are grouped that that is usually unlikely).

I did the AC camped for a few days on and off last month. If there was someone there that wanted the camp for XP, I made a deal with them that they could take all the crocs they wanted as long as they killed them in a timely fashion. I even helped finish them off when getting to low HP. But when the AC spawned, he was mine. I probably spent a total of 40 hours on and off at that camp before getting 1 pair of leggings. I see it unlikely that people are holding down the camp in one sitting for multiple drops.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. One last very important detail that often gets left out of these abstract rules discussions: none of this matters unless you communicate. You have to say "Hi Bob, I see you are camping the AC, and I'd like to camp him once you get your leggings. Could you please let me know once you do, so I can come take the camp from you?"

It's only if you then suspect that Bob has gotten two pairs of leggings and you then /petition that there's even a chance of Bob being forced to give up the camp. We don't even get to have the "WWGMD" (what would the GMs do?) conversation until that point.

But at the same time, I honestly think that with 95+% of the players on this server, if you say "I really want some croc leggings, can I get some after you", they will just give you the camp and GMs will never get involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the AC camped for a few days on and off last month. If there was someone there that wanted the camp for XP, I made a deal with them that they could take all the crocs they wanted as long as they killed them in a timely fashion. I even helped finish them off when getting to low HP. But when the AC spawned, he was mine. I probably spent a total of 40 hours on and off at that camp before getting 1 pair of leggings. I see it unlikely that people are holding down the camp in one sitting for multiple drops.
This is exactly the kind of solution that should happen, and that I'm sure it's what the staff would prefer to see.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:41 AM
Banned

Red face

hey there elf legally camping something
here’s a few forum novels on why you should give the camp to me

**don’t forget to read my elf dissertation wiki, thankS!
Old 05-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I would guess that this “ruling” would be applied only to the extremely popular big ticket item camps like the AC. I don’t think it would be applied to your average loot drop even if it’s somewhat valuable (like the leggings). JBoots are one of the most desired items on the server so you’re just trying to prevent a guild or group of individuals from basically controlling that camp and using it to price gouge MQs etc.; you’re not really worried about that with your average piece of gear.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Large Bat

Guys this has been hugely informative.. Thank you!

I now believe that if there's huge demand for this gator scale legging, which there is, the list is long, one guy capmned 30 hours, 1 guy 11 got 2, 1 guy 6 got 2, one guy ? got 3.

If you get your item, and people are dying to get it behind you, you should give it up. Just cuz it's not lore, doesn't mean the rules don't apply about solo camping "the item you're looking for".

I might bring that up next time I'm here and someone's been here forever. Because I felt bad for some guys I see who have clearly been trying to get camp forever.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:11 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I now believe that if there's huge demand for this gator scale legging, which there is, the list is long, one guy capmned 30 hours, 1 guy 11 got 2, 1 guy 6 got 2, one guy ? got 3.

If you get your item, and people are dying to get it behind you, you should give it up. Just cuz it's not lore, doesn't mean the rules don't apply about solo camping "the item you're looking for". Sound right? Play nice?

Devils advocate: maybe you waited 30 hours to get this camp, cuz the guy before you (true story, RIP) didn't get any for a day. Should you deserveeee a few more ?? lol.

I might bring that up next time I'm here and someone's been here forever. Because I felt bad for some guys I see who have clearly been trying to get camp forever.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you get your item, and people are dying to get it behind you, you should give it up. Just cuz it's not lore, doesn't mean the rules don't apply about solo camping "the item you're looking for".

Honestly if you're camping those leggings for over 30 hours you could probably farm enough plat to buy them in EC in less than that time.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

That gatorscale leggings camp is rough, and you always end up with a bunch of unwanted sleeves. But have you tried camping the gatorscale tunic? It's so rare, I am not sure if it is ever gonna drop, but I will keep looting gatorscale leggings and sleeves until I get my tunic!
Old 05-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Took me forever to get my legs on that camp. I find it unlikely someone is coming out with 3 legs tbh. Knowing how rare it is and how many people are generally on list, pretty dick move to continue on once you got it .. knowing it might be 8 hours of sleeves to see another leggings drop.... Who knows though.
Closed Thread