Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Raid array isnt the issue from Rogean (sp) post. Its the DB server. Swapping in a new disk into a raid 5 setup is trivial. May wanna just call it a night and log in tomorrow =)
Old 05-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Large Bat

But I am supremely impressed that people's first response to a server failure and lost play time is donation and supportive words. Pras p99. Pras.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Orc

Project 1999 Red appeared in my sever selection screen for a few minutes!!!!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
A disk array controller is a device which manages the physical disk drives and presents them to the computer as logical units. It almost always implements hardware RAID, thus it is sometimes referred to as RAID controller. It also often provides additional disk cache.
Wikipedia makes it pretty clear. This device Rogean is fighting with is capable of controlling our RAIDs. That's why they call it a RAID controller.

Already sad I can't RAID.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Banned

GOOD LUCK SIRE!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Skeleton

Thumbs up Good Work!

Good Luck! I hope things get better! You are doing a great job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wikipedia makes it pretty clear. This device Rogean is fighting with is capable of controlling our RAIDs. That's why they call it a RAID controller.

Already sad I can't RAID.
LOL! Thx for this, you made my night [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pethex (60 Magician) - Healicious Naggy/Vox Cleric (52 Cleric) - Wolfpaw (51 Druid) - Dealicious (42 Shadow Knight) - Mezochist (40 Enchanter) - Teknokyo (35 Monk) - Jeeflav (40 Shaman) - http://omni1999.com.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Will be donating payday!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by giesler79 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid array isnt the issue from Rogean (sp) post. Its the DB server. Swapping in a new disk into a raid 5 setup is trivial. May wanna just call it a night and log in tomorrow =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is an array failure, but nothing is lost. Not even a rollback (We have active replication). But we need to get the database server back up and running. Could be a couple hours folks.
If he's relying on replication, I guess that means the disks suffered unrecoverable corruption? Not using raid 4/5 I guess, if they have replication? The odds of two disks failing together are pretty small.
Last edited by Wisteso; 05-25-2015 at 09:33 PM..
Old 05-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is an array failure, but nothing is lost. Not even a rollback (We have active replication). But we need to get the database server back up and running. Could be a couple hours folks.
Experience has shown that estimates regarding repair time for computer technology is similar to converting °C to °F.

Double it and add 30.

Rooting for a quick recovery!
Closed Thread