Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Nerds cried over this, real talk.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by seananetsberger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you. This is all of it in a nutshell.

have spent hours and days on all of this. I think its time to let it go and move on for myself. GL to the rest of you RnF'ers!

If any questions are acted or statements made, just copy and paste this as a reply. TY troxx
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Can we get a who posted count
Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot didn’t even exist when Detoxx made his post. Try again, Danny boy.
not gonna copy/paste UN channel shit for you. But Riot guild leader "loot should be deleted to deter from cheating" etc etc
Old 05-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by auura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also consider that this "OMg we didnt concede because we didnt know we broke the rules" line is bullshit. Even if he was confronted with the evidence after the fact, Lavitz had the opportunity to come to an agreement with Aegis which he refused to do. Suffer the consequences bitch.
The real crazy part is, there was no consequence. They broke the rules so they had no right to the loot... and there are like 5+ raid forces on this server who would have loved to take down a sev during an earthquake. They only have to concede the next two sevs! They should have to concede one for AEGIS, riot, kittens, Aftermath and whomever else might have showed up.

100s of players have been raid supsended for 100 days+ on this server without ever having personally violated raid rules. You sink or swim with your guild. These newbs crying over conceding two mobs and losing loot they had no right to is kind of sickening....
Old 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not gonna copy/paste UN channel shit for you. But Riot guild leader "loot should be deleted to deter from cheating" etc etc
Please do copy and paste that shit for me. Because I remember the reaction when the Vyemm loots got deleted - which was “HUH?”
Old 05-14-2019, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you're lying, I'll do the copy-pasting for you:
Quote:
Detoxx: ya i cant speak to any of that but according to the rules:

Quote:
Q5: What about in cases where the mob dies before anyone is sure whom is at fault?
A: In some situations, it’s possible that the mob will be killed before anyone can be certain who are to blame, and so no guild will concede/forfeit. In these situations, the crime has already been committed and the offending guild should concede all the loot to the guild that was wronged, but they will also be forced to not contest for the next two spawns of that mob that is available to them
Detoxx: agreed. and if we want to have loot moved, we can go that way or we can agree to not have that done and just concede 2
[4:35 PM] Detoxx: i have always been against having loot moved or deleted as its hard to rely on them to make sure it gets done
[5:17 PM] Monrezz <AM>: I'm not a fan of loot being moved/deleted either. It punishes individual players for a guild infringement and feels more retaliatory than constructive.
[5:23 PM] Planarity <Riot>: moving loot is never a good solution
[5:23 PM] Planarity <Riot>: but it always leaves a bad taste when people can break rules and keep the loot anyway
[5:24 PM] Planarity <Riot>: not to mention perverse incentives
[5:26 PM] Planarity <Riot>: I'm not saying I like moving loot, I'll have to give it more thought with more concrete examples
[5:58 PM] Detoxx: well hes deleting the loot which is a result of a petition going in before i was given the chance to make it right here. so now if anyone concedes 2 after its dead the loot will be removed / deleted
[6:00 PM] Planarity <Riot>: out of our hands, then. unless we agree not to petition
to sum it up: official rules state loot gets deleted. It's not like we voted on these rules and I was the sole holdout, I just said there are pros and cons and I don't even know whether or not I like it. The GMs certainly haven't asked me what I think about it.

Dannyl on rnf: "it's riot's fault loot is deleted". Now you all know you can safely ignore anything dannyl says
Old 05-14-2019, 09:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and Lavittz DID come to an agreement with Aegis. That agreement was broken by certain controlling parties within Aegis, literally because their attempt at extortion failed

Why in the world would ALs have any claim to the loot? Was the proposal “hey, we know you should have been DQ’d, but seeing as 2 green scales dropped, and we shouldn’t take it from you in the first place because of our guild charter, we’d be OK breaking our guild charter AND collecting DQ loot.”

What the hell kind of ass-backwards logic is that?!

I’ve got friends in like every guild in Aegis, so I really hope I’m not burning bridges here, but that line of reasoning is just bat-shit crazy, and it also goes against the precedent that has been set of self-regulating/policing. And all for a green scale that by their own admission (in submitting the petition) would be DQ loot, AND against the ALS charter to accept. That’s just dirty.

W
T
F

Where is this coming from?! Have we overlapped on about 75 too many raid targets or something? I’m just baffled here. It makes no damn sense.
lol this was how Core started their series of suspensions when tempest petitioned them for training in plane of fear. bellringer asked for 500k (green scale value) or he'd petition. That turned into something crazy like 60 days of suspension? so once again, 2 conceded mobs and no loot is a really good deal.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-false FTE by someone camped out in the zone resulted in both unintentional aggro and immediate unintentional death
Intent doesn't matter. How long the guy lived doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-this someone was not a dedicated tracker for this mob
Someone camped out in the zone, beyond the zone line, is the definition of a tracker. Just because you, him, your guild, don't call him a tracker doesn't change the fact that he was a tracker.

After you familiarize yourself with the rules please familiarize yourself with the terminology.

Quote:
That rule was broken, but unintentionally so and in a way that didn’t interfere with the efforts of any raid.
FTE messages do interfere with other guilds efforts. When an FTE message goes out, batphones might be called off, people might be told not to bother porting over, raids forces might be diverted. Do you understand how a false FTE can be deceptive and interfere in this was?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Large Bat

i hope p99 GMs and ppl thinking about getting into raiding read all of this and realize something dramatic needs to change. classic wasnt like this at all. its the little guys who suffer from all of this. none of the current guild set out to cheat and youre all just addicted to the drama
Closed Thread