Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

I like some of the ideas, but one thing sticks out: you have a serious hard-on for wizards to be better. You want to give them clarity and spell crits? Wizards are already extremely powerful on raids, arguably the greatest total raiding utility pre-velious.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots arent legacy items? They just get moved to a quest.

Your server vision seems extremely targeted and the beauty of Classic EQ is its free flowing.
That refers only to JBoots dropping off Najena, not the JBoots quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noooope. Twinking is one of the most fun things to do in this 20 year old elf sim.
You could still twink, you just couldn't do something like put a Fungi, CoF and a T-staff on a level 1 Monk, for example. You'd have to settle for something like Cured Silk and Fighting Batons. Basically anything that drops from a mob level 35 or above would have a level requirement ranging from 30 (FBSS, for example) to 50 (Fungi Tunic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like some of the ideas, but one thing sticks out: you have a serious hard-on for wizards to be better. You want to give them clarity and spell crits? Wizards are already extremely powerful on raids, arguably the greatest total raiding utility pre-velious.
Even with Clarity and spell crits Wizards are still the worst INT caster overall and remain very niche. Giving them Clarity gives people a reason to invite them to XP groups and simultaneously provides a much needed nerf to the most OP class in the game in Enchanters. And spell crits are just a no-brainer and more of a fun gimmick than a serious buff, being a relatively small DPS bump in most cases. Most people would still not want to play Wizards because they are very boring and offer little in the way of versatility compared to other classes.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'd rather a "max level 30" server.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now that the "beta" Blue server has run its course and the fresh Green/Teal servers have launched, many players have turned their eyes to the possibility of the long-awaited "custom content" Rogean, Nilbog & Co. have talked about for years.
I think most players are currently having their eyes on planes and Kunark on green, and those wanting custom content are more likely to want some high end zones for their Blue characters to get a little more life from while camping on Green.

The proposed balance changes are interested, with a slightly obvious bias against enchanters and toward Wizards. Nerf charm and chanters are basically just cc, haste and clarity, but you want to take clarity away so enchanters do... cc and haste?

I think there is some interesting prospect in opening up later-on balance fixes, etc. but you're proposing a new server. Perhaps one you'd like to run. That being said: I don't think your timing is very good with Green well underway. How many people want to reroll 2 months into new characters? If that number is less than the current Blue player base you're going to need to enable soloing, and a solo xp penalty is going to kill the game.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather a "max level 30" server.
this.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of these ideas are neat except level minimums on items and the wizard bonuses. Id try this server though.

Eliminating recharging, MQs, adjusting charm, adding negative % to solo xp are definitely things I can get on board with.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Chanters are pretty nerfed already by no tab targeting. 36 sec fixed duration charm is... interesting.

Wizards are shitty group DPS, giving them clarity is more like an incentive for melees to level a pocket wizard...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanters are pretty nerfed already by no tab targeting. 36 sec fixed duration charm is... interesting.

Wizards are shitty group DPS, giving them clarity is more like an incentive for melees to level a pocket wizard...
36 set duration would be a buff in some cases bc you could preplan for breaks knowing when they are coming. More mana yes but less random deaths.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The proposed balance changes are interested, with a slightly obvious bias against enchanters and toward Wizards. Nerf charm and chanters are basically just cc, haste and clarity, but you want to take clarity away so enchanters do... cc and haste?
That's kind of how class balance works: you remove a little from the overpowered classes and add something to the underpowered classes.

Even without Clarity and nerfed charm, Enchanters would still be extremely powerful and versatile. They would remain the best CC class by a mile, have haste and slow, Tash, Theft of Thought for mana and their underrated animation pets. But they'd shift to being more of a support class than a "literally does not need a group because I can solo everything myself" class. Which is much more in line with the original designer intention for the class. That being said, I would settle for Enchanters retaining Clarity if their charm was heavily nerfed as I proposed. They would still be a little OP in that case (and Wizards still shit-tier for everything but 32k HP raid mobs) but it would be a move in the right direction. Maybe give Wizards Theft of Thought and buff Harvest instead?
Old 12-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

way too many wizard buffs - do you play one?