Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
36 set duration would be a buff in some cases bc you could preplan for breaks knowing when they are coming. More mana yes but less random deaths.
I agree!

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

#givecharmtowizards
Old 12-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
36 set duration would be a buff in some cases bc you could preplan for breaks knowing when they are coming. More mana yes but less random deaths.
Skilled and daring Enchanters could make practical use of fixed duration charm for certain limited applications (breaking camps or soloing/duoing a big mob by timing recasts). But it would be impractical for solo XP grinding or holding a charm pet in a group due to constantly having to re-cast charm.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skilled and daring Enchanters could make practical use of fixed duration charm for certain limited applications (breaking camps or soloing/duoing a big mob by timing recasts). But it would be impractical for solo XP grinding or holding a charm pet in a group due to constantly having to re-cast charm.
Um the way you grind exp w charm is have two similar mobs beat up each other til both are near death then you easily finish both off, rinse repeat. Holding pets for hours is group exp w charm. So 36 sec charm plenty good to fly tru levels solo.

I dont think you are nerfing it quite as you think you are but none the less its an interesting EQy discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want a real charm nerf make a shit ton of mobs commonly found immune to it.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

necro charm undead
dru charm animals
enc charm humanoids

i havent thought it totally thru but may be more balanced
Old 12-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
way too many wizard buffs - do you play one?
Have a 60 Wiz on Blue that I don't play out of boredom. The class is literally useless outside of a raid when compared to everything else. They need some kind of buff to make them more attractive. Anyone who's played a Wiz knows this, and the population numbers attest as well. As I said, perhaps giving them Clarity would be too far, but giving them ToT and an upgraded Harvest spell might suffice.

The main thing that all honest players can agree on at this point regarding class balance (while perhaps disagreeing on specifics): Enchanters, Shamans, Monks need toning down, while Hybrids and Wizards need a little love.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a 60 Wiz on Blue that I don't play out of boredom. The class is literally useless outside of a raid when compared to everything else. They need some kind of buff to make them more attractive. Anyone who's played a Wiz knows this, and the population numbers attest as well. As I said, perhaps giving them Clarity would be too far, but giving them ToT and an upgraded Harvest spell might suffice.

The main thing that all honest players can agree on at this point regarding class balance (while perhaps disagreeing on specifics): Enchanters, Shamans, Monks need toning down, while Hybrids and Wizards need a little love.
Yes Wizard can be boring raid wise bc you cast like 2 spells and sit in camp.

They are not useless outside of a raid tho thats weird to say, they can do many things cept camp mobs solo that summon. Thats their only limitation.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
necro charm undead
dru charm animals
enc charm humanoids

i havent thought it totally thru but may be more balanced
Yeah, Shards of Dalaya made it so enchanters couldn't charm undead, which I liked a lot.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Um the way you grind exp w charm is have two similar mobs beat up each other til both are near death then you easily finish both off, rinse repeat. Holding pets for hours is group exp w charm. So 36 sec charm plenty good to fly tru levels solo.

I dont think you are nerfing it quite as you think you are but none the less its an interesting EQy discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want a real charm nerf make a shit ton of mobs commonly found immune to it.
36 second charms would severely constrain Enchanter charm soloing for XP. 36 seconds is not that long in EQ. A lot of pets would require a second cast of charm, which would take a big toll on mana over time. I think in most cases you'd level faster and safer with the animation. Maybe not, though. At least charming would take more skill and be more risky in that case. Right now it's simply a faceroll tactic and trivializes the game.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I don't know that hybrids need much love, and I don't think wizards need any. I leveled two wizards on Blue for raid parking and thought they were fine. Hybrids... Could use some minor boosts for viability. Ranger heals could suck a little less, Paladins... not sure how to fix. I think SKs would be more balanced if they got a slightly (one tier) better pet and slightly better lifetaps (SKs currently have a 45hp max tap). But hybrids have plenty of utility already, they're better group contributors than wizards for sure.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread