Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

I like the suggested changes and would try such a server.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know that hybrids need much love, and I don't think wizards need any. I leveled two wizards on Blue for raid parking and thought they were fine. Hybrids... Could use some minor boosts for viability. Ranger heals could suck a little less, Paladins... not sure how to fix. I think SKs would be more balanced if they got a slightly (one tier) better pet and slightly better lifetaps (SKs currently have a 45hp max tap). But hybrids have plenty of utility already, they're better group contributors than wizards for sure.
Make lay hands effect the group and work as a CH. Decrease the cool down to like 15 minutes. Give both SKs and Paladins a higher max defense than every other class when using a shield, but don't allow them to riposte or parry
Old 12-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know that hybrids need much love, and I don't think wizards need any. I leveled two wizards on Blue for raid parking and thought they were fine. Hybrids... Could use some minor boosts for viability. Ranger heals could suck a little less, Paladins... not sure how to fix. I think SKs would be more balanced if they got a slightly (one tier) better pet and slightly better lifetaps (SKs currently have a 45hp max tap). But hybrids have plenty of utility already, they're better group contributors than wizards for sure.
LOL, of course they're fine if that's all you use them for. But leveling toons just to have them parked at specific raid mobs is not in the spirit of classic EQ, and would be discouraged on this server (forced rotations) except for all but the most hardcore players (FFA on earthquakes). The idea is to have people actually want to play their main class, rather than feel useless most of the time or only log a class on specifically to kill a raid mob.

Making Soulfire and Reaper Pal/SK only gives them a bit of a raid buff and allows them to play hero. Undead criticals just adds some flair. I agree they don't need a ton. Wizards definitely need something, though, whether Clarity or ToT/buffed Harvest. They literally offer nothing outside of raid mob kills, which makes the class stand out as uniquely bad among the rest.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

I mean... if you want wizards to be legitimately useful for something else, you need to completely redesign the class. Or play Red.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean... if you want wizards to be legitimately useful for something else, you need to completely redesign the class. Or play Red.
Or...give them Clarity, one of the best buffs in the game, which would not only increase their own sustained DPS but give them something substantial to offer XP groups?

Enchanters without Clarity (and charm) still offer substantial benefits to the group in the form of haste, slow, mez, tash, runes, stuns and their animation pet.

Suddenly balance becomes much more even by shifting a single spell between classes.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or...give them Clarity, one of the best buffs in the game, which would not only increase their own sustained DPS but give them something substantial to offer XP groups?

Enchanters without Clarity (and charm) still offer substantial benefits to the group in the form of haste, slow, mez, tash, runes, stuns and their animation pet.

Suddenly balance becomes much more even by shifting a single spell between classes.
Give wizards Tash, ToT and remove root from enc
Old 12-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Wait a dorf cleric could proc slows this way? That’d be even more confusing for optimal cleric race!
Old 12-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Why not just make soulfires nets mallets etc clickable pre 55 only. Post 55 they’re useless.

Win win.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Orc

I don't think classes should get changes, that they wouldn't have gotten later, if the server wasn't stuck in velious forever.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Give wizards.....the ability to craft spells into no-drop lore 1 use items....

So, basically, they can store spells! perhaps at higher wizard-crafting, you can store multi-charges (or have additional wizard focus items to store spells in).

That would change how wizard behaves. They already are the trump card of groups, to nuke things down in a rush. But really mages can also if they just save some mana.

THIS would make them truly powerful magic users.
Closed Thread