Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Item recharging isn't that problematic, except for like.. maybe 1 or 2 items. I'm more against Soulfire, a non rechargeable clickie being used by any class then any rechargeable, mainly because its way overpowered of an effect, and it also gets in the way of paladins legitimately trying to get an epic.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do players keep whining about item recharging, when it was a valid mechanic for the timeline? Do you actually think its going to be changed?

Its a valid mechanic. Its not an exploit because you declare it.

If you think its a horrible exploit. Go do it. Then ban yourself as punishment. Teach us all a lesson!!!
Why was it removed from live if it was working as intended? It's a bug. There may have been limited use on live, but there is no way that entire raids showed up equipped with mallets, nets, and bladestoppers. Guilds didn't bring 10 soulfires to kill stuff. Puppet strings goes from a neat toy to way OP.

Remove recharging and make soulfire equip to use, change the mechanics and make the server feel more classic.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:17 PM
Banned

I sure would love it if you couldn't recharge pots so people would actually buy them
Old 12-21-2019, 08:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure would love it if you couldn't recharge pots so people would actually buy them
Hmm i'm pretty sure 10 doses take more money to recharge. I mean I guess if you can't find anyone to buy from or are antisocial sure.

Looks like maybe only the gate potions are less to recharge than just buy according to this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_to_Recharging_Items

Also, plenty of people buy pots as far as I've experienced. It's just not a very profitable business IMO.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furitor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm i'm pretty sure 10 doses take more money to recharge. I mean I guess if you can't find anyone to buy from or are antisocial sure.

Looks like maybe only the gate potions are less to recharge than just buy according to this: https://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_to_Recharging_Items
It depends, if you are only recharging one sow pot, then yes, you've waisted moneys but if you and your friends have 30+ to recharge..... its a different story
Old 12-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Skeleton

It's a bug that's being exploited. Just because they didn't catch it early enough for our timeline doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's really bizarre to me that devs support this, but change other stuff.

------------------------------
October 9, 2003
------------------------------

** Interface **

- Merchants now separate items with different charges in their list.
For example, 9 dose and 10 dose potions will show up as separate items
on the merchant's list. Items with the same amount of charges will be
stacked. NOTE: This will remove the ability to "recharge" items by
selling them to a vendor and buying them back.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Yeah haynars post was really disappointing
Old 12-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do players keep whining about item recharging, when it was a valid mechanic for the timeline? Do you actually think its going to be changed?

Its a valid mechanic. Its not an exploit because you declare it.

If you think its a horrible exploit. Go do it. Then ban yourself as punishment. Teach us all a lesson!!!
*Ivandyr's hoop punches wall*
Old 12-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Seriously. That response is laughable given the un-classic Ivandyr's Hoop nerf. There's zero reason that nerf should be in the game while every other powerful rechargeable clicky remains in place. Recharging is either a valid mechanic or not.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Seen a SK quadding ogre guards with wands... i felt sick to my stomach.
Closed Thread