Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

Default Thinking of coming back after a 4 year hiatus

Used to run with a Monk on Red (lvl 57, decently geared, a few shiverback pieces) but the end game farming for moneyand inability to melee PvP well due to ping/hitbox issues kind of burned me out.

I like the idea of playing on a fresh server without insanely twinked out players and was thinking of starting a wizard. I know in EQ classic they are probably one of the worst classes, but I like the idea of the challenge and since I have no money figured it would be a decent class to play with as they are less gear dependent. I'm thinking Erudite to give myself a good amount of mana and access to non-evil cities easily. With 3 small kids I do need to be able to stop at a moment notice so the fact that Wizards are forced to solo a lot could end up working in my benefit (DE hide would probably be better for this if I needed to AFK, although wiz gets invisible so that should suffice).

I am the kind of gamer that likes to achieve everything but if I'm realistic I know I probably won't get my epic and I'm OK with that, just want to enjoy the EQ experience again. Way back in '99-01 I played a Monk on Vallon Zek, and again on Red in 2015... never played a caster and after looking at guides for each casting class this for some reason appeals to me more than anything else, despite reading that it's not a good class. I guess I'm writing this if there is anyone else similar that wants to tell me they had similar thoughts and after playing discovered that isn't fun after xx levels and I should just try another class.
Last edited by Anxarcule; 01-02-2020 at 10:07 AM..
Old 01-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Come roll on Green inst PVP. but i think you'd fit in well. I never played Evil class or a tank before so was new experience playing SK. Super having fun with it. So try something your not used 2.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Large Bat

Wizards definately have their place and if your playtime is low could definately cut down on your travel times.

A necromancer might be a good fit to consider as well if you plan to do a bit of solo - the FD mechanic might help you if you need to afk on short notice.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you've never played a caster and want a more casual/solo friendly class you would probably get more out of a Druid, Necro or Shaman. And for that matter likely even a Cleric or Mage. Wizards are very one-dimensional and you will probably find the class boring if you don't enjoy raiding and/or long AFK sessions.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:25 PM
Kobold

I second going necro or mage over wiz
Old 01-03-2020, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Good time to go wizard honestly, the server isn't geared to the teeth yet so your dps is probably welcomed <3
Closed Thread