Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neck gains. Impressive!
Deadlifting and shrugs. Youll need to improve your grip strength though.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neck gains. Impressive!
Yea, not sure how it happened. I think its the racking cider boxes onto shelves and stacking barrels in the lock up.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, not sure how it happened. I think its the racking cider boxes onto shelves and stacking barrels in the lock up.
Shrugs
Deadlifts
Lateral Raises (when overexerted)
Fireman Carries
The top arc of wide grip pullups
overexertion of reverse curls (especially if you have a spotter for eccentric reverse curls)
bent-over dumbell rows
Reverse Flys (Rear Deltoid)

Will all increase neck size
Old 04-02-2019, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deadlifting and shrugs. Youll need to improve your grip strength though.
Grip is fine. I’ve never had neck gains though I’ll admit. I do shrugs but don’t deadlift or squat much. Too afraid at my age
Old 04-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Grip is fine. I’ve never had neck gains though I’ll admit. I do shrugs but don’t deadlift or squat much. Too afraid at my age
Its all about proper form. I was pretty apprehensive about it when I started. Start on a smith machine if it helps to allay your fears.

For D/L Setup, you should be able to see the very front loop of your laces peaking out from under the bar, bend over until your fingertips are parallel with the top of your kneecap, then squat directly down from there. Lean back a little and push directly down on the ground keeping your back square (use a back brace to assist you in keeping everything tight and aligned back there.)

Most of the lifting is with your hamstrings with the secondary force primarily being your grip strength. You can start as low at 75, but most say 135 (1 plate and the olympic bar) is entry level for men. You dont really straighten your back up until your 2/3rds of the way up on your hamstring's force alone.

For squats, again you can start with a smith machine, which gives you a bit of an mechanical advantage because on a smith the bar path is slightly angled back, which allows you to position your feet in front of you slightly, and push back against the ramp (so the chances that the weight would bend you forward into a position where you can hurt your back are substantially lower).

Once you can do 200 on each, you can easily drop 20% of the weight and transition to freeweight on an olympic barbell and you'll have developed enough lower back strength to significantly reduce your risks. The key is to add weight gradually to avoid backstrain or developing exertion headaches. You'll also want to be well hydrated before performing compound lifts like these, or, again, your chances of overexertion and developing exertion headache related injuries is increased.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what would the carbon footprint ramifications be for a supermajority female society? wouldn't expanding womb access surely increase the fertility rate, dooming are planet?

assume the following:
1. installable wombs
2. no fascism
what's the point of installable wombs in the context of a female super-majority? not much utility in dual-wombing given one womb can facilitate multiple conceptions. is it just the mechanism to effect such a state?

i'd expect an appreciable increase in IQ and/or for women to become more masculine depending on the environment. in the current context, I'd expect more of the former given that other masculine traits are largely unnecessary and women express aggression more often in mental and emotional arenas than physical ones where they are disadvantaged.

i would expect that those changes would result in a reduced carbon footprint, though smart people are still capable of great stupidity, so I dunno. I also agree with J on less consumption of animal products, if for no other reason than there would be fewer people willing to work in related industries thereby resulting in lower supply.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This was my purchase this morning after eating Jack N the Box.

Don't worry about the protein, bros. I have a lot of whey powders and frozen chicken meat and turkey paste and fish back at home

(plz notice the 5 types of cream - butter - ice cream - heavy cream - milk cream - sour cream)
just noticed the Kerrygold in that pic.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Banned

Gross
Old 04-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gross
why so sour, Mae?
Old 04-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

shoes2 will be banned soon, it's best to just ignore. They go around trying to incite anger/divisiveness. Could be a Russian Bot.

Anyways, took a break from running for the weekend, was sick (first time in a long time). But prior to that I was getting my 3 mile runs in the 8:10-20 range. I run with the Vibram style shoes, not actually Vibram because they are over priced. Anyone else run in these barefoot style shoes?
Closed Thread