Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See! There is some knowledge hidden away at the back of Jimjam's broken mind!

Perhaps the mental decline of those living in Great Britain can be attributed to the fact the island has four wet seasons* and no drought season.

*wet and icy,
*wet and frosty,
*wet and warm,
*wet and windy.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Banned

oh good we're doing phrenology again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In fact our brains evolved and got much bigger when we started planning for harsh winters.
It was drought actually, not harsh winters. Pretty close though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Societies that stayed in Africa that have never had the pressure of planning ahead for harsh winters are still in mud huts.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest i was more talking about the British lack of constitution allowing government to be more adaptive, but as ever you've completely blindsided me with where you took it...

Are you saying native africans have small brains because Africa has a 2 season wet/dry cycle instead of a full four season cycle?
Modern history is a blip on the map.

Consider 2 groups of humans that have had 2 very different environmental pressures on them.

Group 1 has to deal with deadly winters every year. This group needs to plant food, find shelter, plan to be warm enough, eat protein rich diets which brains notoriously develop with.

Group 2 lives in tropical weather and has food growing around them all year. When their food runs out, they simply hike a few miles to the next round of vegetation. If another tribe is near by and has the food, they murder each other and steal. Evolution of thousands of years of that behavior ingrained in their head. You tell me where the pressure to get smarter comes from.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If another tribe is near by and has the food, they murder each other and steal. Evolution of thousands of years of that behavior ingrained in their head. You tell me where the pressure to get smarter comes from.
Quote:
The hypothesis, offered by anthropologist Stanley Ambrose of the University of Illinois, proposes that a volcanic winter reduced populations to "levels low enough for evolutionary changes, which occur much faster in small populations, to produce rapid population differentiation," Ambrose said. If, as he believes, the eruption of Mount Toba in Sumatra caused the bottleneck, "then modern human races may have diverged abruptly, only 70,000 years ago," Ambrose wrote in the June issue of the Journal of Human Evolution.

Ambrose has linked geneticists' research to that of volcanologists Michael Rampino, Stephen Self, Greg Zielinski and colleagues, which shows the super-eruption of Toba caused a volcanic winter that lasted six years and significantly altered global climate for the next 1,000 years. Those six years of "relentless volcanic winter" led to substantial lowering of global temperatures, drought and famine, and to a global human population crash during which, if geneticists are correct, no more than 15,000 to 40,000 people survived.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Get a job
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just say the Jews, we all already know what you're thinking.
I find this racist and bigoted. Why do you always need to resort to Jews and Tran-sexual every time someone posts? Are you obsessed with them or something?
Old 10-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find this racist and bigoted. Why do you always need to resort to Jews and Tran-sexual every time someone posts? Are you obsessed with them or something?
Nobody brought up transexuals until you did.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Nobody brought up transexuals until you did.
Would you like me to go through your post history here?
Old 10-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

I can count how many times I've brought it up vs you if you like.
Closed Thread