Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-31-2024, 12:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ogres in Gfay

Is there any place an ogre/troll can train blacksmithing in Gfay without getting torn apart by elves and little ppl? Seems like only way is to pay for ports to and from the swamp homeland.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

No. That's the downside to having ludicrous stats and slam.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Go home fatty! Lizards have to smith at home too. Or grind factions.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Kobold

I assume beating the shit out of Orcs works...I leveled my Ogre in crushbone as was no longer KOS to most of kelethin by the time I left.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume beating the shit out of Orcs works...I leveled my Ogre in crushbone as was no longer KOS to most of kelethin by the time I left.
That'll get you some guard faction but the vendors will still be less than impressed. The Kelethin banker is the hardest to please.

Best to do your smithing in either Oggok/Grobb or venture to Neriak.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:39 AM
Skeleton

ogres in GFaY disgust me and i am a Troll
Old 04-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Yeah just ran around in Kelethin last night. I was apprehensive to all of the gaurds, dubious to all of the merchants (which means they won't sell to you) and kos to the banker and bard guild. So in addition to bashing orcs need to raise your merchant faction and possibly banker faction.

I didn't do any quest turn ins like orc belts/shoulderpads only the natural hits from bashing in the Orcs faces.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

No mobs raise Kelethin Merchants faction and the quests to do so are myeh. Go back to where you came from.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1oud2unner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any place an ogre/troll can train blacksmithing in Gfay without getting torn apart by elves and little ppl? Seems like only way is to pay for ports to and from the swamp homeland.
There is a neutral merchant who will sell to everybody at the Butcherblock Druid Rings if you need to sell items. You can make a level 1 wood elf character and give them some money to buy/sell food/drink and blacksmithing ingredients. You can drop the items on the ground in a safe area, camp, and then log in to your ogre/troll. Just remember that items on the ground disappear after 6 minutes, so you need to be quick.

I do not remember where all of the forges are in Faydwer, but there may be a forge somewhere that isn't nearby NPCs that agro. Merchants should always be dubious, even if you are scowling to guards and other NPCs.

If you are specifically referring to using a class trainer, you would need to go back to your hometown, unless you improve your faction. However, you can only put 21 points into a tradeskill via your class trainer. This means you shouldn't need to make more than 1 trip to put the first 21 points into the skill via your class trainer.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No mobs raise Kelethin Merchants faction and the quests to do so are myeh. Go back to where you came from.
Slave keys is one route in Crushbone but god that's a lot of keys for not a lot of slaver spawns.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Slave_Keys

Other quests for the vendors in Kelethin...
https://wiki.project1999.com/Kelethin_Merchants