Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Kobold

Hide has only ever broken for me while levitating, I suspect you had DMF up when this occurred. There is push that can occur from other players running into/past you while they are scouting guk if you are levitating, which will break hide.

It broke for me once while using DMF and never without. DE Necro.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Human Ranger - only broke with lev/dmf being on me. I didn't even need someone else to brush past me, because upon alt tabbing it broke (the FPS of the client drops and the bob slowed to a crawl). I've sat for 12 or so hours with hide never breaking, no lev.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What races, classes are the people who are experiencing it? The people who arent? Hide skill?
My hide skill is 40 (max for a half elf Bard I think) and I've had it stick for hours in a row, never had it break unexpectedly.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Losing an illusion like wolf form can also break hide. I've seen it happen twice and it feels like it has something to do with the client lagging just as you fall back to the ground. Perhaps being on a partially sloped surface when you drop exacerbates it.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Happened to me at some point last night as well. Hid, checked various mobs around me in lower guk (all indifferent). No lev or anything. Checked a few hours later, a spawn was near me but still indifferent (ghoul wizard). Finally came back a few hours later and was dead. No message indicating hide fell, just said a ghoul wiz started meleeing me.

Wood elf druid - will check hide skill when I get home if its still relevant!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Kobold

Iwe had monsters see me sometimes even tho both hide/sneak was succesfull, 50 rogue with max skill 200hide 200sneak, should rarely be seen, i do think how ever that one of the times was in SolB a bat saw me, that was after i went though the trap right before Bnb. no dammage was taken, but was still in hide sneak mode, had see invis up at the time, the bad conned Indiff. but after sneaking by they still attacked.

Shadze