Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Default Back from Prison. Here's my story.

So I went to prison in September as stated here and I got released yesterday for good behavior and house arrest for 90 days.

I was hoping Velious would come out, but there's a beta which is pretty cool I guess. Now, I'd like to share my experiences to help you potential first timers so you don't get violated physically and/or sexually.

- Medium security doesn't mean it's any safer than maximum security. You just get more rec time.
- Prison is all about respect and being tough. If you can't hold it together, you're going to get punked and viewed as a punk. Punks get beat, raped, or extorted and it doesn't end pretty.
- Within the first week, you will get a heart check and by heart check I mean someone is going to test you to see if you're a punk or not. If you decide not to be a punk (which you should else you will get violated for your whole term), expect to be in the hole for up to a week. Trust me, one week in the hole is much better than fearing for your sentence. I got my heart check during chow on my second day. Someone cut me in line and then when I confronted him, he asked what I was going to do about it. So I'll tell you what I did about it. I cracked him right in the jaw and knocked him out then proceeded to beat the living daylights out of his unconscious corpse until the PO's got to me. I was put in the hole for 2 weeks. Of course everyone watched and right then, right there I earned my respect. Noone's going to punk me.
- The hole sucks. It's solitary confinement with 1 hour rec time in a 10 by 10 fence outside on the yard. You do a lot of thinking, pushups, situps, reading to pass time by. There's also a lot of psycho's in there and it's hard to ever get peace and quiet.
- Once you get back to gen pop, take a job to pass time and get into a routine...it'll only help time go by faster.
- Make friends only with your race, but never trust anybody...ever
- Don't gamble. I've seen a person get hit with a tool for not paying his debts.

It was quite a life changing experience. If you're interested and want to know more I'll post some more tips and experiences.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Lockup - P99 Edition
Old 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

but have you guys seen Orange is the New Black?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Did they have computers you go log onto forumquest from? Don't think I could survive prison without forumquest.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Some good tips for sure. What was it like being in the hole for 2 weeks? It's not a dark/silent solitary confinement place is it? Do you get some light at least?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I hardly think you punched him hard enough to turn him into a corpse...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

I love these forums, why would anyone ever need to go anywhere else to get information?

Project 1999, learn everything from soloing on your druid to staying alive in prison.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

How did you get released for good behavior if you beat the shit out of someone in your first couple of weeks?
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you get released for good behavior if you beat the shit out of someone in your first couple of weeks?
Yeah, sounds fishy to me, too.

Seems likely the OP turned snitch and that's what earned him the early release.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe that IS good behavior, compared to the other inmates.
Closed Thread