Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Aviak

24-39(can do it to 40-43)

HHK guards. Even with the nerfed spawn rate they're amazing exp.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

It's pretty camped, but so are the spectres I'd be sending people to otherwise at 39. Someone suggested deep paw snakes for I think 34-39 or 39-44.

If someone can confirm when those snakes are good, I'll add that all in when I get the urge to do an alternate routes section and try to trim down my rambling.

Aum -
I've tried HK guards, and when I shoot down Sol A, I'm going to veto HK guards. It's great exp, yes, but the buggy pathing, multiple two-splits if you don't get first floor, nearby aggro nobles, and mobs behind doors - make it not my first choice by far.

To its credit it's great money, and great exp if you stay alive and aren't staying alive because you're shorting yourself pulls. Again this is all my opinion, and many love it.
Last edited by Noleafclover; 09-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: Too many posts.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Default wiki

I've posted your guide to the wiki, it's linked from:

http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/ind...yers:Adventure
Old 09-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty camped, but so are the spectres I'd be sending people to otherwise at 39. Someone suggested deep paw snakes for I think 34-39 or 39-44.
Difference is with spectres anyone who doesn't /w all oasis 40 50 or /w all feerot before hitting those camps is a moron.... People can't /w all to see how many in kedge.

Excellent guide, by the way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Kobold

I did 8-12 (as a dark elf mage) in the river in nek forest. The piranas there are lvls 10-14, and easy to pull to shore. There's guards on the bridge to help in case of trouble. very fast and easy leveling.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

ok i think the sky just fell on me...

Kedge is populated? hehe i remember it never having anyone in zone unless it was farming for epic drops lol.

than again, with no expansions there are limited places to go... this server rocks. i'm loving eq all over again
Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Sarnak

Ravhin - Hey thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ---- but you died to balefire?! Wahhh

Bubbles - Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And good point. It's definitely very annoying. Whenever I go there, I do a thorough /whoing of 33 - 50, breaking it down by 2 levels +/- depending on time of day. Doesn't fix roleplay or anons, but the two minutes doing that certainly beats the hassle of going there (will add this, thanks for the reminder).

/rant on
Honestly, I've got a small bone to pick with anyone hiding their identity in kedge at front room for this very reason. If you're in the range to be doing front room, you're not in a raid guild (or this char doesn't raid), and you've got a legitimate excuse to tell anyone who wants a port/rez/clarity "seriously? fuck off, I've got kedge front room."
/rant off

More on kedge - what I'd recommend for the semi-serious player is to take it during off-peak hours and stay for a good half dozen hours. Honestly, that will be half or so of your 39 - 44. And will let you catch up on forums/homework/paperwork with your 10 minutes of every 25 off. To partially direct this Kender's way, the ZEM in kedge really is nuts. It's so buggy it's a challenging zone, but blue con mobs will net you between 1.5 and 2 blue. I had it for a second during the very end of 2x exp - can you imagine? I killed the named at 39 and got over 4 blue.

Edit: Also quite worthwhile if you are duoing with a wis-caster in unrest (slower exp, IMO, but more fun, and there's just enough if you've got basement and are checking on a named or two elsewhere) to pop out and check front room. You might want to be 34 in case of named, but could forray there @ 29 w/ a partner, esp. if the partner is a little higher and can calm animal or lull.

Sorry to all the hopeless kedge-ites like me for spreading it =p

Lizardnecro - Will definitely add to the alternate routes section when I make it, that's pretty killer. The ZEM in CB is going to be higher, but it's so lovely to be in a safe area as a mage, and it sounds like the mob level was just right for the range. Let me know if you ever fell short on mobs, though.
Last edited by Noleafclover; 09-07-2010 at 04:45 AM..
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the reply noleafclover. Let me spell out in detail what I've done so far as a DE mage

1-4: Nek forest newbie area. spiderlings, decaying skeletons, etc.

5-8: Nek forest general area. Tree snakes, black bears, the undead at ruins. Don't pull the lesser mummy. Watch out for the poison on tree snakes.

8-12: Piranas in the nek forest river. These drop no loot other than fish scales, which I heard you can sell to players for spells. I didn't know this so vendored it. Mobs patrol by slowly and can be soloed by fire pet. Guards are nearby in case of problems. I never fell short on mobs there. Some pirahas are up to level 14 and deep red but I could still solo those. They just die on the fire pet's DS. Great xp on those!

12-19: As soon as I dinged 12 I went to lavastorm. Piranas would be good for a few more levels but lavastorm monsters drop lots of gems and loot to afford those spells. At 16, pet was buff enough to solo 3-4 monsters with DS. Lavastorm starts getting light blue at 17 but its worth it even at 18 because of how fast the pulls are. Generally about 2 hours a level here.

19-21: East Karana. Doing Gorge hounds as per your guide. Very fast and easy xp, great spot. I bound myself up on the wall and I've only had to gate once (when I got 4 gorge hounds from adds). If you don't want adds, pull to wall. If you don't mind adds and want faster xp, med on the side of the road. Once you have 20 fire pet and new pet heal, it's like lavastorm where your pet can kill multiple adds.

I'll post more as I level more.
Last edited by LizardNecro; 09-07-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Skeleton

Just wanted to contribute, posting my playthrough guide as a Magician starting from scratch up to my current level of 30. This can be considered an alternate/off-time guide, either solo or duo/trio, as I work nights so when I get home very early in the morning from work, the population is right around 200.

1-3 - Newbie area right outside Kaladim's Gate behind the big boulder. Since there are many skeletons with fast spawn rate, save the bone chips to sell for 3-5 plat per stack to players. (Or turn in bone chips to Dwarf Paladin in Kaladim for some great experience up to level 3 or 4)

3-8 - Gnoll's in Blackburrow and surrounding. Keep gnoll fangs, turn them into the Barbarian Warrior guild (Female I believe) for great experience and items or to the Human Warrior guild in Qeynos for experience and a moonstone which can be turned in a bartender by the docks for a little more experience and a gnoll stout worth 7 silver.

8-12 - Hunt willowisps at Erud's Isle. Sell Lightstones, keep Greater Lightstones. Willowisps here spawn fast and are all over. Turn Greater Lightstones in to a gypsy in North Karana near spires (or if evil, in South Ro I believe) for a concordance of research. Then sell that for 9 plat each. Great money. Usually not many people here.

12 - 16 - Bandits and Nybright Sisters in Lesser Faydark. Fast spawns if you run between both camps killing them all. Drop bronze weapons and some other misc. loot to sell to a merchant that is between the camps. Usually not many people here.

16 - 21 - South Karana Aviaks! Amazing experience and soloable. Even crowded, you can find wandering aviaks or elephants or take that time to med. Little merchant up top makes it nice to unload your loot.

21-29 - HHK goblins. Boring, I know. But a nice experience modifier, its just fast. Get to 24 and use your new pet to solo and limit your party to two or three for best experience.

At 29, I am currently soloing HHK guards. Experience is very nice and alot of cash to be had. Every NPC will hate you but it seems the Erudite merchant that sells enchanter pets will still buy from you and the banker seems to not care. (non-evil)

Wanted to add the spell lists that are essential if your tight for cash. Just use your fire pet. Its the best one at everything and everyone will be a little jealous of it. Get summon daggers so you can give them to your pet at 24 to duel wield, but I also find that enchanters like to swap clarity for a bagfull. Get your hardest hitting DD spells, pet buff Burnout, and pet heal's. Rounding out the list is gate, bind affinity, invis/see invis, and summon bandages to keep that bandage skill up. Summon food and drink is useful, but I would recommend getting a stack of water and bread till 20 then looking for players selling everfount and cornucopia at discount.

Gearwise, I'd recommend referenceing the gear reference thread (type in gear reference under the advanced search button) and go from there. From the money I made, I bought all my spells, Advisors Robe, Stein of Moggok, Savants Cap, basic INT jewelry, and I bought the items required for the Torch of Alna and just turned it in. No matter what you do, get the Torch of Alna ASAP. Even if you have to buy the items like I did. Its worth it. When your above 30, do the Sol Ro quests, working on those myself currently.
Last edited by FitMed; 10-23-2010 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Add literature
Old 01-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Fire Giant

Also wanted to add that pet heals never get resisted, nukes do. Total damage obtained while keeping a pet alive over nuking isnt only more damage, but more mana efficient. This really only applies to fire pet (since he has a DS).
Closed Thread