Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default SK Epic MQ: Decrepit Hide

Has anyone recently done a MQ turnin for Decrepit Hide? A friend of mine tried it, said both parties were Amiably, from what ive read minimum required faction is Indifferent, but he says they did everything right.

Wondering if he made a mistake on the MQ hes not realizing, or if the faction wasn't good enough at amiably.

I should be asking, has anyone done the MQ recently with Indifferent faction whether it was hide / sneak / invis, etc?
Old 07-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

I successfully completed the MQ for the decrepit sheath about 4-5 months ago. I (the shadow knight) had the drake spine and enchanted bar of platinum. The MQer (a rogue) had the decrepit hide. We both used hide to do the turn-ins (him first, of course), both of us confirming that we conned "indifferent" prior to hitting "trade." If you're unfamiliar with this method, what you do is click the turn-in item on the NPC so that it's in the trade window, then use the hide skill until you confirm that the npc cons indifferent (or, alternately, you can get someone to cast invis or IVU, depending on which is appropriate for the NPC at issue), and, finally, hit trade.

If one or both of the MQing parties is KoS to NPCs in Teydar's room (the rogue was, in my case), you can use the following method to isolate Teydar from those NPCs to do the turn-ins. Have someone snare Teydar (preferably a level 60 who can cast snare--I landed Cascading Darkness on him as a 60 SK on the first try) and train him to the nearest zone line in the sewers. None of the other NPCs in Teydar's room will assist him. The snarer should zone out at that point. Teydar will then stand at the zone line, solo and snared, for the duration of the snare, which will allow the MQers to do their turn-ins cleanly.

A good rule of thumb for the SK epic is to do every single turn in using the hide trick or with invis/IVU cast on you. I had three pieces for my epic MQed for me (decrepit hide, blade of abrogation, and soul leech) using this technique, and everything worked fine. My final turn in to Lharanc was done at indifferent faction using IVU (without IVU, I was apprehensive to him). Even if you're faction with TrueSpirit is above indifferent, it can't hurt to use this technique on every single turn in, as it is confirmed to work (by me and others) and, frankly, the stakes on the SK epic are just too high to risk losing any items.

If you have any questions, PM me or send tell in game to Greevtox.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

right check this out we talked in ec i was on mrsshift

I did it on EQ live in the last 4 days but it's the same epic strat

Give the item , INVIS if it;s not undead, then Hit trade , then you get your next piece from the npc you given the trade in too,

Now for Undeads like the ghost in The Hole, and Llhanrc give the quest items then Cast INVIS VS Undead then hit trade.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=766

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50

eqgame 2016-07-04 09-05-27-79.jpg
Old 07-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

SK Epic 1.0 Checklist
(9/15/2015 In case anyone still does this =)
Tip – try to get Paineel key (to inner city) before starting this – can save faction building time in Warrens
Take INVIS pots with you because you cannot cast INVIS while trying to TRADE
Try to use hotkey “Last Breath” (may have to hit key a few times) or other INVIS UNDEAD – again, cannot cast spell while trying to TRADE

========================
[ ] Heart of the Innocent
========================
( ) Toxxulia Forest Hail Knarthenne Skurl in on the docks - he will give Soulcase
May have to say “What heart of an innocent”
( ) Run to the Hole, to the Strong Box (bank area of city - behind mock wall in back inside building) are the chests (3)
- Kill “mimic” (chests – Respawn 22 mins) until get cell key,
( ) Back to Toxx, go to Ratman Jail and find Caradon (yeah- no despawn) – in trade window put cell key, INVIS, trade.
( ) Kyrenna pops, kill Kyrenna, loot Blood of Kyrenna and Heart of Kyrenna
( ) Place Heart of Kyrenna in Soulcase and receive Heart of the Innocent.
========================
[ ] Will of Innoruuk
========================
( ) In Toxx find Marl Kastane (36hr respawn), across water in Kerrin side on map - stay INVIS – kitties KOS
( ) Give Blood of Kyrenna (propably have to kill two kitties near Marl and 3rd wanderer) – in trade window put blood, INVIS, trade,
auto-receive (goes directly into inventory) Dark Shroud
( ) In the Hole, find Ghost of Glohnor (may have to kill a few placeholders – Heretic Skeletons before he spawns), in Revenant
Tower/Undead area – scout graveyard w/INVIS UNDEAD
( ) Clear area to trade, give Glohnor Dark Shroud, INVIS UNDEAD; morph wand; or FDeath HotKey, trade – he disappears
( ) Mummy of Glohnor will pop (sometimes right where Ghost of Glohnor was) below in the crypts – Kill him and loot Head of
Glohnor and Glohnor Wrappings.
( ) ) In Toxx find Marl Kastane (#%@ 36hr respawn), trade Glohnor Wrappings, INVIS, trade – auto-receive Will of Innoruuk
========================
[ ] Head of the Valiant
========================
This is where you need the key to Paineel Inner city – if not – kill puppies in Warrens and guards in Erudin until you say “I need a key” to one of the guard skellies in newbie area of Paineel and he gives you a key – click the flat rock on ground near the city entrance and let the elevator rock come up before you step in and go down to city level.
( ) In Paineel find Gerot Kastane, in beginning of city near elevator (room w/pool and 8 columns)
( ) Give the Head of Glohnor, INVIS, trade – receive Head of the Valiant

========================
[ ] The Corrupted Ghoulbane
========================
( ) In Upper Guk - Kill the Froglok Shin Lord in Ruins and loot The Ghoulbane OR do Ghoulbane quest (Longer) OR
( ) In Felwith south, INVIS all the way to Joren Nobleheart (no faction loss), just past room where Mage GM
– kill him (10-20 min respawn) loot Ghoulbane (did this with both my SKs and it was fastest/easiest)
( ) In Mountains of Rathe go by tower near 3 troll merchants (Chizzuk, Guzzla & Ukla) (loc 1761, 2116)
- Kill anything until Rharzar pops (may be on a 3 day respawn - he either spawns quickly after a couple drake kills or took 3 or 4 days before he respawned after killing all the drakes and lizzys for 2nd SK)
( ) Kill Rharzar and loot the Drake Spine
( ) Pof Hate, kill Ashebone drakes (dragon skellies walking around) (possibly Hatebone Drakes) for a Decrepit Hide (rare)
( ) Pof Fear, (bring a tracker) SK should hail a harbringer of Fear to spawn/kill Fright, Dread, and/or Terror for
Soul Leech (rare)
( ) In Pof Sky (gate from GH, purchase Cloudy Stone of Veeshan), kill boss mobs (fairy princess Respaw 4/6 hours)
for Blade of Abrogation Need to kill other namer bosses to get keys to next levels – if you fall you will fall into harbor of Freeport – sometimes my Merc or pet died
(my Blade of Abrogation(s) fell off a blade storm and a winged horse NPC – different nights – countless kills)
( ) Buy from Bazaar or have an Enchanter friend make you an Enchanted Platinum Bar

To get to the right spot near Teydar in Queynos Catacombs:
(PoK to N Qeynos – do FIND for Gerault (Armor Merchant), go into SQeynos from nearest zone-in from Gerault;
do FIND for GM Graham and zone-in to nearest Queynos Catacombs near Graham; in Queynos Catacombs
do FIND Senst (cleric spells) – Teydar is next to her

( ) In the Queynos Catacombs - hail Teydar (did not despawn for me) (if KOS - stand behind and use INVIS),
trade Enchanted Platinum Bar, a Decrepit Hide, & the Drake Spine, INVIS, trade – receive Decrepit Sheath
( ) In Paineel, find Duriek Bloodpool (respawn 48 hrs), in front of windows overlooking next to Azzar Habib
or walking under building in newbie area
( )Give to Duriek: the Ghoulbane, the Soul Leech, the Blade of Abrogation and the Decrepit Sheath, INVIS, trade
– auto receive Corrupted Ghoulbane.

========================
[ ] Innoruuk’s Curse
========================
( ) In the City of Mist, INVIS and Find Lhranc (ghost form) (61-66 hr respawn) (small center building behind the arena looking
building): Trade Corrupted Ghoulbane, Heart of an Innocent, Head of the Valiant, and Will of Innoruuk, INVIS UNDEAD;
morph wand; hide or FDeath HotKey, TRADE – receive Lhranc’s Coin
( ) This will Spawn Human Lhranc (he runs when low on HPs), Kill him and Marl Kastane will pop outside the building Lhranc
spawns in
( ) Give Lhranc’s Coin, INVIS, trade – receive Innoruuk’s Curse

It will also announce you completed Epic 1.0

Best map of the Hole – when zoning in – stay to the left and follow the wall down – the “mimic” are marked – they are the chests to get key; and Glohnor is usually on the right side of where Commander Yarik is labeled (PITA - sorry wont let me post map)
Old 07-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone recently done a MQ turnin for Decrepit Hide? A friend of mine tried it, said both parties were Amiably, from what ive read minimum required faction is Indifferent, but he says they did everything right.

Wondering if he made a mistake on the MQ hes not realizing, or if the faction wasn't good enough at amiably.

I should be asking, has anyone done the MQ recently with Indifferent faction whether it was hide / sneak / invis, etc?
Did they enchant the Platinum bar? could explain MQ fail regardless of faction
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 07-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yes they enchanted it, I don't see where the fail came in, from the looks of this thread Indifferent is good enough.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like to me something wasn't turned in correctly. I know the hide trick works on this mob, but if they are above indifferent then they will be fine. Maybe someone misread apprehensive as amiable