Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Kobold

So you're saying 5 years of Kunark followed by 5 years of Velious with corrupt GMs and 16 hour poopsocks is fun?
Old 10-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

come back BDA
Old 10-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDA what were you thinking moving away to a different server, only to experience content that would get stale after 18 months. You should have stayed here where the content is in a permanent stale state.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes it an awful decision to move away? In the grand scheme of EQ, Velious is small and boring.
Up until six years ago I would have said Velious was the best expansion.

I was wrong. It really does not hold up. Expansion quality seems to best be described as how much further the previous content gets pushed. Velious has almost nothing over Kunark especially in regards to character advancement.

I would be surprised if ANYONE who has experienced p99 endgame and quit has ever seriously come back here. Once you have experienced better p99 just doesnt hold up.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Up until six years ago I would have said Velious was the best expansion.

I was wrong. It really does not hold up. Expansion quality seems to best be described as how much further the previous content gets pushed. Velious has almost nothing over Kunark especially in regards to character advancement.

I would be surprised if ANYONE who has experienced p99 endgame and quit has ever seriously come back here. Once you have experienced better p99 just doesnt hold up.
Definitely. I raided on P99 from launch --> Kunark. Took a break after over a year of Kunark. Came back right before Velious and raided again until that got mind-numbingly boring.

Went to Phinigel. Enjoyed raiding on my own schedule and re-living some teenage nostalgia. Beat PoP and hung up the wizard hat for good. No ragrets. Was a solid year+ of fun. Definitely would never consider raiding on P99 again.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Banned

Velious sucks
Old 10-05-2017, 02:05 PM
Kobold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oMQrrPr5OY
Old 10-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's some major drama that we aren't being told going on right now. Maybe it would be enough to push us 82 more pages?

Come on, guys, you can't hide it when even Tofusin no longer has a BDA tag. We're your friends! RNF is a closeknit community of likeminded people who share a common set of values. You can tell us. We're here for you.

Spill the beans.
Not much to share. We went over to Phinigel with 100ish people from P99 - never really recruited the past 1.5 years on Phinigel.

As people quit the game to do other things they never really got replaced, as we were just 1 of 15-20 guilds clearing raid content on Phinigel it was difficult to bring in new blood without coldcalling like some of the bigger guilds do.

It didn't start to really affect us until end of PoP. GoD was a slog but we beat it, OoW attendance dropped a little more but enough to mean we could no longer raid on any given night.

So the Phinigel version of BDA dissolved. The people who wanted to continue raiding expansions they haven't experienced have gone to various other guilds. Some will quit and go to Agnarr or other MMOs/games. Hopefully Pantheon isn't vapor ware and all our old pals who stopped playing EQ over the years can get together there - not much more in the way of MMOs on the horizon after all.

I seriously doubt any come back to P99 though. Nothing has changed here. I'd probably check out a Green server though.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously doubt any come back to P99 though. Nothing has changed here. I'd probably check out a Green server though.
but but but

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...51&postcount=1

Repops are coming BDA! Sound the alarms, get parked ! You guys dont even have to do anything but log in when a repop happens and kill a dragon or two, call it a day!

What you say!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned

lol batphones........ smh
Closed Thread