Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Banned

not a bad avatar pokesan
Old 11-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not a bad avatar pokesan
Yeah without even reading it the imagery is pleasant to the eyes. Looks like some Game of Thrones knight seal, lol.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssouky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this is RnF but for those interested, I'll just post my best summary of this weekend.

It took us like 5 hours from Aary spot to Vulak's death, walking on Koi, Lady M and twins. It was the first time ever for most stepping in this zone so far. We didn't know some very simple mechanics skilled monks must have mastered for years. Our pulling team learnt a lot. We had to be slow and careful. We didn't wipe at all until after Vulak.We killed a lot of trash, many of the flurrys, got nice loot on those. We gained automatism and off tanking skills to the limit. Our crew managed a train of 5 trash+1flurry. Might seem easy to an experienced raider, but to us it was fantastic !
We managed to kill all the dragons in NTov on the first try but Vyemm. Even lady M whose fight was pathetic and badly managed (early pull, unprepared tank, badly positioned crew, the whole failure bingo). Vulak was a loooong fight. Some clerics announced 40% mana at... 92%.
The triplet split I was scared about was actually really easy. The longest was probably the crossing split north of Vulak. Lots of mobs, not so easy to break LoS.
Ruffel did actually play the Spin around song during Lady N. Was a fun moment.
I dreaded Zlexak poison like Hoshkar's and it was actually very simple and automatic to avoid using LoS. He went down quite slowly, but surely.

I would really NOT do it every week. It was a lot of fun for once though.
Fifield I find your post amidst this RnF nonsense, very refreshing. If I had to do this every week I definitely would pull to entrance. If I had to compete, I'd definitely make it so I get FTE and walk on the competitor. I wouldn't want to spend more time than needed in this zone.
Like you, I find this is a win-win situation. It's just a bit sad it has to be forced on you guys. I'd be happy if you left us 1 week of the quarter, hence about 4 out of the 52+2*12=76 cycles.

We got some kind of non written non binding agreement with PS and the rest of the server : we don't touch Kunark or WToV, Dain, Velk, Yeli. We eventually killed Yeli because they couldn't. I believe this made lots of players happy. I think they are still learning VP and we don't interfere there. There is definitely in this case a trickle down effect.

Were this pixels undeserved because we didn't have to compete against another guild ? Maybe, I don't know. We had to compete against ourselves. We still wipe on Trak. So... You never know with CSG. We had to not train ourselves, not ninja afk all the time, respect the chain, follow when asked, chain rebuff, spend consumables, manage people in the need to go for a while but wanting to come back... All this things you don't have to manage when you simply pull for the literally hundredth time to zone in to an over geared crew of seasoned knowledgeable raiders.
Do you guys ever had to manage a hidden factionned afk rogue in the corned you're supposed to tank, preventing the tank to actually position correctly ? This is the kind of shit we are dealing with in CSG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that we spend more time than some and can't be considered casuals because of the play time. Hmmm maybe those don't have kids. Try to do something by yourself. Now do it with a kid. We have lots of kids in our guilds we need to teach. So everything is more difficult, takes more time. Some of us play a lot, probably more than some A/A neckbeards. But everytime we do something, we have to teach the newcomers. We always have those guys getting lost at LDC when we go for Nagafen. I don't think we haven't had to rescue some guy falling in the trap to Vox on one attempt. We are CSG, we are noobs. We deal with it.

As for the loots, they mostly sucked and now I understand why the pixel lusty guys really NEED their dose. Lol at the double robe on Dagarn. Lol at Poison+Runed tear on Doze when you know you get him twice a year. Mask of fall on Aary. Mask and 2h on Eashen. 11/24 weapon on Jorlleag... We still got the DS Trident, Kreizen flame, 2x Horn on Neve. Orb of confusion but most of the loot is somehow disappointing.
Yesterday on Statue we got a Reaver. I'm not kidding, just a single Reaver.
I was delusional, thinking you could get lots of shinies during a clear. It's not true. Especially when you have to spread the 5 interesting loots amongst 80 people.
Hopefully, we got lots of Ancient armor drops, that was cool. Like a full set of each almost.

All in all, very nice moment. I'd like to do this a few times a year.

PS : Oh yeah, forgot : RnF. A little troll is mandatory :
It felt good to spend so much time in game for so little result. Felt like real classic EQ. The day I don't have the 16h to play on a saturday night, I'll join A/A to just have to log for 10 mins each time and get 10 times the loots putting not half the effort into it. For the moment, I'm way too hardcore to join A/A.

PPS : If that's not a crawl, I don't know what is :
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spot on
<Riot>
Old 11-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssouky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fifield I find your post amidst this RnF nonsense, very refreshing.
Like you, I find this is a win-win situation. It's just a bit sad it has to be forced on you guys. I'd be happy if you left us 1 week of the quarter, hence about 4 out of the 52+2*12=76 cycles.
Ty sir, you don't have to explain to the Manerz of the world what or how you guys did ToV. When the opportunity rises, do it your own way, no matter how long it took. You did it and you had fun.

As to leaving ToV alone, eh thats a whole different topic. I know myself I play P99 to raid, playing alts is fun and all but we enjoy the madness. Even these 10 days seem long but thats what PUBG is for right?

I know the drive isn't there for you guys but i sure do wish you guys competed more. I completely get that you feel its not worth your time to track and "compete". Its not the way you want to play the game. But i remember being in Taken back in the day, we went after CT against the big boys and got crushed over and over. Finally we got a CT and it was the greatest feeling around. Took alot of wipes, alot of learning. lots of hours but man, the good ol days.

Seize the opportunity during those repops, were only 2 guilds we cant take everything in A/A.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

I would prefer a ToV crawl, because Kael gear is freaking sweet and the named drakes can drop some really cool shit. like Barrier_of_Sound and Ring_of_Superiority. Things that will probably never drop in the forseeable future because no one crawls. However the currently rules don't really allow this, as soon as you clear the trash another guild will leapfrog over you and take the kill.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Congrats CSG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Kobold

This is the dumbest post I have ever seen you literally are bragging in RNF you did ToV when there was no one there to contest ... it was a free ToV and your taking guild pictures on 15 year old elf content that was handed to you... CSG is a bunch of idiots you have the largest kill force on the server and you cant even figure out how to contest ToV on a weekly basis ... CSG go play on live if you want uncontested content ... literally the most pathetic thing ive ever seen, you guys suck so bad you wont contest anything that has competition on it and when you do you break every rule and dont get suspended like when Versager kited CT around Feer for 20 minutes ... almost 3 years into Velious and still cant step foot in the ring with the big boys, yea you guys sure nailed this post what a week for CSG amazing ....
Old 11-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joediddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the dumbest post I have ever seen you literally are bragging in RNF you did ToV when there was no one there to contest ... it was a free ToV and your taking guild pictures on 15 year old elf content that was handed to you... CSG is a bunch of idiots you have the largest kill force on the server and you cant even figure out how to contest ToV on a weekly basis ... CSG go play on live if you want uncontested content ... literally the most pathetic thing ive ever seen, you guys suck so bad you wont contest anything that has competition on it and when you do you break every rule and dont get suspended like when Versager kited CT around Feer for 20 minutes ... almost 3 years into Velious and still cant step foot in the ring with the big boys, yea you guys sure nailed this post what a week for CSG amazing ....
Triggered
Old 11-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joediddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the dumbest reply I have ever seen, you are literally shitting in RNF on a guild that killed some ToV targets after folks doubted they could, you guys brag about your kill lists in guild threads about downing 15 year old elf content that was handed to you due to lack of competition. You have the largest poopsocking basement dwellers on the server yet you can't stop contesting in ToV except when banned for a week. A/A go play on live or Agnarr if you are looking for new avenues to grief and wag your wangs around and further monopolize people's gaming experience... literally the most cringy pixel addicts I've seen, you guys suck so bad you try to rule lawyer everything into lockdown and get suspended for only 10 days after multiple repeat offenses.... almost 3 years into Velious and still can't turn your batphones off for 3am insta-gib kills. One day we'll learn to hang with the big boys and get our wall stare on like a man such as the amazing A/A. You guys sure nailed us to the cross with this post, what a week.

Kept no paragraph breaks to remain consistent.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Kobold

You played a competitive game with no opposition then gloated about it in RNF with pictures lol IRL thats like the knicks playing a game versus nobody then bragging about how they won ... good job .... the break has been really nice actually Ive been really busy doing fun real life things leveling up outside ya know? not that i dont have the time anyways because A/A wipes out velious content in 2-3 days leaving a sufficient amount of time weekly to complete other life tasks and self improvements
Closed Thread