Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default How much of a diff does specialization do on a Druid, and which to go with?

Playing a Druid on red99 and was wondering which spec to go because I am not really sure how much of a diff it actually makes? As for as I know it just makes spells of that school cost less mana, yeah?

I am kind of between Alteration for Heals/Snares or Evo for Nukes / Quading. Is there really going to be much of a diff if I choose one over the other?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I think there is some confusion as to the intended behavior of specialization and what it actually does on this server. From my understanding, what it does is give a chance per cast to reduce mana cost of spells from that school. There is some thought that what it should do is reduce mana cost every time. In any case, it's certainly something worth thinking about. IMO as a druid, alteration is more important than evocation. For most of your time as a druid, you have more important things to do than nuke: certainly in a group you'll be healing and buffing a lot (some important buffs like regeneration are alteration, not abjuration); when you're soloing, charming is better EXP than quadding, and that's also alteration-heavy.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Etsu pretty much covered it. Go alteration if you plan to play a Druid the "best" way from a min/max perspective. If you don't want to do that, then it's purely a matter of personal preference for your playstyle.

The effects are hard to quantify, but even small savings in mana compounded over the lifetime of playing your Druid are going to make a significant difference.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=164045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The data I find, from a time where you can see actual mana values, says: 3% at 50, 11% at 200. Guessing what your actual mana pool was could bias the results estimated from 2000.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed pending update.

Haynar
It will be fixed whenever we get a patch.

All priests should go Alteration
Enchanters should go Alteration
Mages can go Conjuration or Evocation. (Conj if you chain pet to level)
Wizards go Evocation. (Port bots can go Alteration... No main Wizard should)
Necromancers generally do Alteration. Conjuration is decent as well.
Closed Thread