Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player wanting to kill Naggy/Vox

Hi Everyone!

I might be getting a bit ahead of myself, seeing as how I'm still trying out different characters to see what I like. On live, I didn't know what I was doing, so I just focused on grinding out levels as fast as I could and I didn't even realize Naggy/Vox existed until I was already well past 52.

So once I decide on a character and level them up to 50-52 range what's the best way to try to get in on a dragon raid? I'm assuming both are killed pretty regularly for loots and epics, right?

I just want to slow down and experience as much as I can in classic/kunark that I didn't really get to experience when I played live... planes, trak, vs, vp etc.

Thanks for the advice in advance![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately... theres hundreds of people wanting vox items for epics for years. Naggy drops $$$ items for easy effort. Your only real bet is to have friends willing to sock it with you and camp a person there ready to get called in moment it spawns.

There was a push for open dragon raids but the random earthquakes / resets that have happened since then kinda killed the movement.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

Join a guild that does them and level an alt until you are ready to pass level 52.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

greedy guilds have pixels on lockdown. You will be assimilated
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

welcome buddy, you have now experienced the heartbreak most of us face.

we all come to p99 wanting to crawl through all those old bosses classic style, level appropriate. No one ever gets to do a classic naggy raid. You either sell your soul to a guild where members poop in socks or you quit.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Last pop I seem to remember Kittens who say meow getting FTE on naggy and they are most definitely not the sockers people are refering to. Everquest has always rewarded those willing to put in the effort. A lot of the things people say are out of reach arn't really, they are just lazy and or have no friends.

Also I think blood guard got vox - again another arguably casual guild

Make friends, join a guild.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last pop I seem to remember Kittens who say meow getting FTE on naggy and they are most definitely not the sockers people are refering to. Everquest has always rewarded those willing to put in the effort. A lot of the things people say are out of reach arn't really, they are just lazy and or have no friends.

Also I think blood guard got vox - again another arguably casual guild

Probably the best bet for any group of friends attempting naggy themselves is on a server repop nowadays.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I'll probably roll a cleric or some other "raid-friendly" class and start working on those levels and look into guild next!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobernoober [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I'll probably roll a cleric or some other "raid-friendly" class and start working on those levels and look into guild next!
I wouldn't worry about picking a "raid-friendly" class: just pick the class you like. Lots of guilds (though I can't speak for all) want every class, and even if you make a Ranger you'll still have a raid role (deathtouch eater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), so just make what you want.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread