Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was levelling an alt last night in crushbone when a level 29 Dawn Believers druid ran past everyone to enter the castle solo. 5 minutes later the entire zone was agroed onto them as they trained to entrance without a word except "run" after they already mowed over several people trying to level. One of the dopiest things I've ever seen. I then made fun of them and they went /anon to hide their guild tag and try again so I just left the zone. Figured I'd head to steamfont newbie-ish areas and semi afk some exp.

I get over there and there's a level 36 Dawn Believers ogre sk running around killing literally every newbie mob I can see for no apparent reason, leaving any unfortunate gnome or whatever with about exactly nothing to hunt. I asked why they were doing it and if they could leave up a few spawns but they never responded, just went around killing level 3-7 mobs in the face of newly rolled characters

This guild sucks
Got names Mr. Barkley?
Old 03-29-2019, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was levelling an alt last night in crushbone when a level 29 Dawn Believers druid ran past everyone to enter the castle solo. 5 minutes later the entire zone was agroed onto them as they trained to entrance without a word except "run" after they already mowed over several people trying to level. One of the dopiest things I've ever seen. I then made fun of them and they went /anon to hide their guild tag and try again so I just left the zone. Figured I'd head to steamfont newbie-ish areas and semi afk some exp.

I get over there and there's a level 36 Dawn Believers ogre sk running around killing literally every newbie mob I can see for no apparent reason, leaving any unfortunate gnome or whatever with about exactly nothing to hunt. I asked why they were doing it and if they could leave up a few spawns but they never responded, just went around killing level 3-7 mobs in the face of newly rolled characters

This guild sucks
Welp, I'm convinced.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:

This guild sucks

#1. We recruit a LOT of people. Especially in the newbie zones, you are going to get people who may not know exactly what they are doing.

#2. At least the guy told you to run. Maybe he doesn't understand that you're supposed to call trains in shout or ooc? sounds like he made an effort.

#3. You shouldn't make fun of people, it's not nice.

#4. Perhaps the lvl36 guy was after something in particular? Hides? Skins? Something else?

I think you expect too much of people. Our guild caters to people who are either brand new to the game or returning to the game after many many many years off. Especially at the lower level brackets, in most guilds like ours, you are going to get some people who aren't very good at the game. That's just how it goes. I am sorry to hear about this experience that you had with members of our guild.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallboi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tattled on him. Dawn Believers leadership is legit. Nice to know they don't condone that behavior. As Tricket said it seems an open door policy can lend itself to this kinda stuff
Also this. Creeps do show up in our guild and are swiftly dealt with when they out themselves.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Kobold

You're telling me it's plausible that somebody knows how to /anon to hide their guild tag but doesnt know how to use OOC? Nice try.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Honestly, I've had great experiences with DB in the past. However this week ran into some folks in CC that tried to take geo's from us after the previous camp holder gave it to us by running past invis'd, even though we had see invis up.

Our puller pulled some geos and seemingly they got killed by the pull when he ran past them to us. Then proceeded to contact GM's for training but dropped it when I logged on my cleric and rezzed. Then had someone from DB calling our puller a trainer all last night, seemingly because of this instance.

I dunno what they were thinking and after the rezzes we were all cordial and no further issues but definitely was frustrating. Not sure if there was some miscommunication or what but honestly, out of my years on the server, it's only been these recent instances that has given me any pause about them.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 04-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Well I've heard of issues with TSS members too and issues with KWSM people in the past as well. All guilds who have large enough rosters that you can't account for some individuals and small groups being outliers of bad behavior at times.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I've heard of issues with TSS members too and issues with KWSM people in the past as well. All guilds who have large enough rosters that you can't account for some individuals and small groups being outliers of bad behavior at times.
Absolutely Correct
Herbila - Warrior
Old 04-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald_keep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're telling me it's plausible that somebody knows how to /anon to hide their guild tag but doesnt know how to use OOC? Nice try.
Nice try, but I am not taking the bait. You said he didn't call it in OOC or shout. This is different than "knowing how to use OOC." I'm sure he does know how to type /ooc. But whether he understands proper etiquette when you train out is another question.

I don't know who this person is, so I can't tell ya.

Closed Thread