Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-21-2022, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plays here for over a decade and tells the volunteer staff that they’re mismanaging things after they spent thousands of hours of their own free time and also money so that he can play a game he’s been addicted to for 23 years
Volunteering and doing a shit job doesn't mean you're above reproach. If you can't do it because you lack the knowledge, the will, or the time then maybe step aside. The server could actually be a great place to play but the serial rule breakers and toxic fuckwits are allowed to thrive and given either zero punishment or slaps on the wrist after years of infractions.

There are roughly 25-50 garbage tier toxic neckbeards that hold raiding on blue hostage. They constantly ignore rules, break rules, harass people... etc. They've been caught on video and voice admitting to not caring about said rules or advocating that their guild ignore/break rules and staff does nothing.

I'll say it again: the shit state of the server is entirely due to mismanagement by the box owners and staff/csr.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Volunteering and doing a shit job doesn't mean you're above reproach. If you can't do it because you lack the knowledge, the will, or the time then maybe step aside. The server could actually be a great place to play but the serial rule breakers and toxic fuckwits are allowed to thrive and given either zero punishment or slaps on the wrist after years of infractions.

There are roughly 25-50 garbage tier toxic neckbeards that hold raiding on blue hostage. They constantly ignore rules, break rules, harass people... etc. They've been caught on video and voice admitting to not caring about said rules or advocating that their guild ignore/break rules and staff does nothing.

I'll say it again: the shit state of the server is entirely due to mismanagement by the box owners and staff/csr.
I honestly believe you're 100% correct. I just don't think anyone in charge really cares too much about this project anymore. It's been on life support for a while. Communication is nearly non existent and issue on top of issue is completely ignored for very extended periods of time.

That said I'm not really blaming them. If I was running this shitshow I think I would've given up on caring about the day to day drama and nonsense a long time ago as well.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Default real competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The PVP server has very few artificial limits, ideal for competitive diehards.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the last time, it's not about pixels once you have been raiding for years. Decades even. The true fun of the game is within the competition, countering another guilds' innovated tactics to encounters.

None of these encounters are singularly difficult without competition. They're all in fact rather easy and become boring without the competition. The only difficulties include the human interactive experience.

How can I make this any clearer?
Except this is entirely false, otherwise the neckbeards would be competing the shit out of each other on Red where they have MAXIMUM opportunity to counter their opponent.

Yet oddly they continue to shy away from true competition....

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-24-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except this is entirely false, otherwise the neckbeards would be competing the shit out of each other on Red where they have MAXIMUM opportunity to counter their opponent.

To be fair there’s no pvp on red
Old 08-24-2022, 07:00 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"No Vulak for you"
Old 08-25-2022, 07:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is your warder loot? don't you like to compete. sorry you dont got. hope that helps.
competing and lying/stealing/cheating through guild and server politics are not the same thing.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

says the dude wich ringed his hunter on btb
Old 08-25-2022, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
says the dude wich ringed his hunter on btb
He never advocated for competition either, so what's your point?
Old 08-25-2022, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly believe you're 100% correct. I just don't think anyone in charge really cares too much about this project anymore. It's been on life support for a while. Communication is nearly non existent and issue on top of issue is completely ignored for very extended periods of time.

That said I'm not really blaming them. If I was running this shitshow I think I would've given up on caring about the day to day drama and nonsense a long time ago as well.
There are only two possibilities for the current sorry state of P99:

1) The powers that be stopped caring, let the volunteers handle things, and just do the bare minimum to keep the lights on out of a sense of obligation or to avoid the inevitable loss of life from the few dozen people with literally no life / hope outside of P99.

2) The powers that be are actively involved in the toxicity, either as secret members of the toxic guilds who are enjoying / encouraging it, or are enjoying a kickback / donation graft to look the other way.

Whatever the reason, I stopped playing long ago and check on the forums every few weeks out of a sense of morbid curiosity and to see if any major changes occur.