Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Kerra is great exp from like 12-20
Old 06-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

I don't believe this thread is about exp Mr. Doil, but rather exploration and lore. I'm loving this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You'll be fine in the Warrens at lvl 60. No threat for you there. It'll just be an exploration trip at that level unless you decide to grind Paineel faction. Not reccommended.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:15 PM
Banned

Haha nope won't do any faction grinding. Purely a lewis and clark expedition this evening!!! I want more tid bits on deity's in classic eq though!!! Feed more deets!
Old 06-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The duke of below has to be one of the coolest names.. Being the duke of anything makes you more dope than anybody else. "Loramin, Duke of Polar Bears". MagpieRockyl, Duke of Magpies".
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned

Gene Chandler, you son of a gun!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope i'll be exploring today!! I plan to adventure with my 60 druid. Should i have any concerns of death around these places?? If anybody else wants to tag along tonight let me know! More than happy to have a buddy!
Yo! I recently grinded some faction with my Ikky Necro in order to gain access to the bank and vendors in Paineel. I can confirm that nothing in the Warrens will be able to touch you at lvl 60 and, in terms of Stonebrunt, at least nothing in the vicinity to the zoneline is terribly tough.

It's too bad that they made Stonebrunt such a hassle to get to-- the only way there is to travel all the way through Warrens-- though I do admit that it is very satisfying emerging from the caves into the sunlight of Stonebrunt. It has a promising-looking dock...that leads nowhere! Scenic area.

One last tidbit-- Warrens and SB both have "trivial loot code" which means that you won't be able to loot anything fun unless the killed mob actually yields EXP. It's a pretty unique stipulation for these zones. Have fun exploring Odus! I never did back on live but am glad to do so in p99
Old 06-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's too bad that they made Stonebrunt such a hassle to get to-- the only way there is to travel all the way through Warrens-- though I do admit that it is very satisfying emerging from the caves into the sunlight of Stonebrunt. It has a promising-looking dock
This! I don't even see the hassle of getting there as the main problem: I think it's the lack of a bind spot. If you could bind (say) at the docks then non-casters could get through Warrens one way or another, bind, and then solo or group in Stonebrunt to their heart's content.

But because they can't bind, the first death (or party wipe) means a nekid run through the Warrens, which will likely be difficult or impossible for a melee (of an appropriate level for Stonebrunt) without invis.

Here's hoping that when they start customizing Blue (in 2022 or so) that they add a melee bind spot at the dock or somewhere in the zone, so that it can actually get used by people that aren't solo casters.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-01-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

A melee bind spot somewhere in SB makes a ton of sense to me! People would actually use the zone and perhaps Odus (as a whole) a bit more.

Otherwise, your description of a prospective corpse run-- naked, through Warrens, with a super-buff batlord near ZL-- is the very reason why melees will + probably should avoid leveling in Stonebrunt.

If a bind @ docks doesn't feel classic-enough, having a boat swing past the docks (maybe on way back to Qeynos or something) would minimally make Stonebrunt more appealing and accessible. Anyway, I digress!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Woaaah I didn't know this "trivial loot code" was even a thing? Are there other zones i'm unaware of that share this loot system? Haha i feel like this will be a lonely journey.. Have the Warrens and Stonebrunt always been this way? Desolate, lonely, and dangerous? Like even going back to Live in 99?
Old 06-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was to be a playable race of cats in EQ then they should have came from here, revamped with a starter city and newb zone with possibly a few other places to xp added.

Moon cats /rollseyes

It would also give a reason to be here, Toxx forest is a lonely place.

(not that i personally agree with a cat playable race anymore than I do frogs or faeries, leezards push it)
Agreed! Wait, what? Faeries were eventually a playable race? Let's put that topic on hold a sec. Not ready to have my mind melted.. But totally- I honestly don't understand the point of segregating the Vah Shir to that tiny island that nobody ever goes to.. In fact when i played in 99/2000 I had no idea there were even cat people in the game.. Then Luclin dropped and that was the first time I saw them. Did iksars ever exist anywhere in the classic game before kunark was released? Lastly- Are Vah Shir and Kerran's the same?
Closed Thread