Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Default Druid epic help needed, withered treant in NK wont talk to me

He cons way apprehensive to me. The walkthrough says to hail him and say what sickness? Then you give him the three items looted off of corrupted mobs. But he won't respond to my hails or to me saying what sickness. I'm afraid to risk giving him the items and losing them.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 06-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like it is on True Spirit faction which you may be able to get higher doing some of factioning a Shaman doing their epic would. Which is much easier when a druid luckily.

I can't speak to if it needs to be indifferent or not. If it doesn't respond, I definitely wouldn't turn it in. Could try wolf form? Con from far away though just in case, if higher faction then try talking to him maybe.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like it is on True Spirit faction which you may be able to get higher doing some of factioning a Shaman doing their epic would. Which is much easier when a druid luckily.

I can't speak to if it needs to be indifferent or not. If it doesn't respond, I definitely wouldn't turn it in. Could try wolf form? Con from far away though just in case, if higher faction then try talking to him maybe.
I tried wolf form and it didnt help. It just says he looks my way apprehensively. I did the druid epic quest twice on live servers years ago and never had to do any factioning work but it was so long ago I dont remember what I coned to him back in those days. Only thing I can think of that I did different here on P99 is I just spent 6 levels killing polar bears and dire wolves in permafrost. But they were voxx fashion hits so I dont know why that would be an issue here.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Server GM

With treant NPCs, you need to be standing on top of them basically to get them to respond to hails and text. You may just be too far away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

could do the tiny gem part of shaman epic a couple times and see if it knocks you back down to indiff with truespirit, or get your hands on an ornate velium pendant and see if a click of alliance is enough
Old 06-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With treant NPCs, you need to be standing on top of them basically to get them to respond to hails and text. You may just be too far away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's some good response time right there!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was so close to the treant I was in melee range and it wouldn't respond to me. But after reading this I literally got inside the tree itself and I'll be damned IT WORKED! It replied and I turned in the items with great success.

Thank you!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Fire Giant

Should have made an assling so you could sneak up to indifferent.

As others have said large NPCs like treants, dragons, etc. usually require you be riiiight up inside their character model for them to respond to text phrases. Giant melee hitbox, teensy weensy text hitbox.
Closed Thread