Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Default Yet another monk thread

Human 55 monk - Im not your typical monk.
I don’t have enough time to play anymore for more than maybe an hour maybe 2 times a week. For me I just enjoy farming solo stuff and FD when the baby cries. The thing is I have had a shopping problem on game for a while. Always buying and selling my current gear. Ok so here is the question - I have obtained mid to low level gear just from farming (Necklace of Superiority, Oiled Greeves, Eyepatch of Shadows, Runed Bolster Belt, Ady &SoS) I sort of decided I’ll never get epic due to time and non commitment to clanning but have been thinking is it worth it to sell all my gear to scrap enough together for either a better haste CoF or a Fungi. The idea is replace all my gear with lower tier stuff to preserve slots but invest in one of those essential items either a CoF or Fungi. Thoughts? Primarily id be using it to help in farming more. And probably start replacing all the items I once sold again.

PS I also decided I prob wont ever get No Drop items of planes/char/howling due to limited avail. So my question is solely focused on trade-able items.

Thanks for hearing me out.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

I'd get the fungi and I wouldn't give up on your epic. RBB is plenty good for haste. Even casually you can quest the robe and just buy the MQ for the rest of the epic quest once you farmed enough plat. But those are the two things that will make your life way easier.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:21 AM
Fire Giant

Fungi is more of a boon for your casual soloing lifestyle than 500k in non-regen phats
Old 06-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Sorry maybe I should have clarified. Is it worth selling all my mid range stuff to get a fungi and replace RBB for budget haste?
Old 06-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

If a casual soloer I'd prob sell the Addy and SoS for an IFS. Maybe some DS potions too.

Farming it would help out a ton. Solo it would as well.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

fungi -> best worn haste you can afford -> best weapons you can afford, imo
Old 06-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Thanks for your input! Sold all my shiet and got my fungi finally. I do have the non clicky robe. Been hoping for a char pipe mq but no luck. I will keep trying. How much is an mq going for after I have the haste clicky robe to complete epic? Seems like a lot of extra stuff after that.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Demon fangs are like 35k I think?
Old 06-24-2019, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Wow, 35k? For something which can be done with one group if that group includes a well geared warrior and a cleric and some melee dps in under 2 hours, that's insane!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Dunno if thats really surprisng to you. 25-35k is very standard for demon fangs.
Closed Thread