Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-23-2022, 11:42 PM
Skeleton

Is there any way to make it so once the mouse goes off the screen it doesnt completely stop ur char from turning/strafing?

And also is there a way to stop Wine from basically making my entire screen have the washed out brightness when EQ launches?
Old 07-19-2022, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any way to make it so once the mouse goes off the screen it doesnt completely stop ur char from turning/strafing?

And also is there a way to stop Wine from basically making my entire screen have the washed out brightness when EQ launches?
This one is new for me.

When I mouselook all I do is click right mouse button, do you have it setup differently?

The Washed out brightness can be fixed by adjusting the games internal gamma setting.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-13-2023, 02:19 AM
Skeleton

I may have screwed up. I finally got P99 working on my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed install. In the game, everything seemed to be working perfectly. However, on the menus, I had no music. Reading the guide on the wiki, I saw that it says to run "winetricks directmusic*". I did that, but it just showed the command line options for running it. So I decided to run "winetricks directmusic" (without the asterisk at the end). It installed a bunch of stuff. So then I launched P99, but as soon as I select a server and click on "Play Everquest", i get a loud crackle on my speakers, the game crashes, and I get a message saying, "A program on your system has crashed, but WineDbg was unable to attach to the process to obtain a backtrace." I tried installing it via winetricks, selecting the 32-bit option before installing directmusic, and that worked, but it didn't help the problem

Any suggestions on how I can fix this and get the game working again? I'm willing to live without the midi music if I have to.
Old 03-01-2024, 04:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For what it's worth, I've been experimenting with running this in linux recently, just for curiosity's sake, and I've had both of these issues as well and no luck thus far in finding any fix for the window-gated mouse turning issues.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:01 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_van_winkle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, I've been experimenting with running this in linux recently, just for curiosity's sake, and I've had both of these issues as well and no luck thus far in finding any fix for the window-gated mouse turning issues.
I just decided to play again, on a fresh ubuntu install, and now when i rotate my char with the mouse, he can only do a 360 spin then hes locked, i need to release right click and do it again, ive made no actual customization changes to wine or anything
Old 03-07-2024, 03:31 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_van_winkle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so, I fixed my issue with the mouse-looking by adding P99 to Steam and launching it with Proton 7.0.6. Not fully sure why this works.... A little bit more details about my setup:
- Standard patched P99 setup using wine-6.0.4 (Ubuntu 6.0.3~repack-1). Most of the linux install instructions found on the forums will get u this far.
- I start P99 using launch_titanium,sh from this git project: https://github.com/malloc0x3cc/project1999-linux because otherwise my server list is empty. Note: you will need to modify patch launch_titanium.sh, and patch_files.sh.
- Open Steam > Games > Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library
- Select the launch_titanium.sh, and change compatability to proton 7.0.6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot from 2024-03-07 13-30-17.jpg (18.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot from 2024-03-07 13-29-43.jpg (21.5 KB, 1 views)