Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Kobold

This cries out to the heavens for vindication for 2month AC KS ban guy.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Look, a/a can make a raid rotation. Why can't we just rotate Lodizal? I'll take the bullet and be first up on the list. Hell I won't even show up again after that, just so the line isn't ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, a/a can make a raid rotation. Why can't we just rotate Lodizal? I'll take the bullet and be first up on the list. Hell I won't even show up again after that, just so the line isn't ridiculous.
Quality problem solving right here.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Orc

The level of salt here rivals that of the Dead Sea.

Kudos to the trolls. You guys are killing it no matter which side you're attacking.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AG duo are the ones that have admittedly broken rules, so they came to rnf to try to make everyone in BG look bad.

Bottom line, as sirken said, you can not cast anything on an engaged mob or it can be viewed as ks'ing.
I do not admit that we broke any rules, in fact I'm counter-suing. I think staff made the wrong call here (honoring FTE on a non-FTE mob that we were arguably already camping), but I'm not harping on that because I read the sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, to the whole "my wife was standing out of melee animation range so she didn't know you were attacking the mob when she tashed/charmed". Personally, never seen this happen, especially when I'm within spell range. And Did she not have the mob targeted in order to tash/charm? If so she would have seen the hp dropping...... and known it was engaged and that her actions were that of a KS.
Tash has a pretty long range. Maybe it doesn't happen for everyone. /shrug. Happens for both of us though, so maybe it's a client settings thing? The mob spawned while she was casting Bedlam, then she Tashed. How much damage do you think really got done in that period of time (guessing 4-5s) to a L51 monk mob?

Quote:
and then come to RNF to blame BG for "forcing" them to KS, while claiming they could have done it with a snow cougar. And you are also blaming orangewhatever for something another person said, orangewhatever said HE never said they were camping gnoll, it was another BG that said he was killing it and needed it, and guess what, he did need it, needed it to deny AG there kill. Which was completely within the rules, what wasnt within the rules was AG charming it off of them. That was a KS, straight up, no defense against it.
This is a gem right here. I just wanted to put a frame around it. Grizlin was conflated with Lodizal... and that was BG's fault. You don't get to pick it back apart.

Quote:
she literally said they were stalling ... doctored log file, kind of makes it all fishy imo, ive never had lodi send me a tell after he kills something, and hes never called me "bruh" and i thought me and him were friends.....

... AG ks'ed, admitted to it...
Asked and answered. Logs doctored to remove Lodi spawn window (now defunct) as well as names (since I post semi-anonymously). Fake Lodi tell was to illustrate the fact that I was aware of Grizlin's approximate ToD and that I knew he was killed by an NPC. Sure as shit means the camp was effectively ours to claim.

Do not admit to KS. Grizlin never died - was despawned by staff. Admit to not being able to instantly cast charm on the mob we were camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manasana2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*spastic rambling and nonsense*
I came to RNF because I got a shit deal and wanted to vent. It's working. I feel a little better. I'd like to see proof that Grizlin was at 20% when Tash landed. I even kinda doubt that you got it backwards and he was *down* 20%. Lawyerquest was 50% of BG's strategy. They petitioned when the fight had barely started. If they wanted to negotiate, they should have waited 5 minutes so I could fucking speak without a giant turtle gnawing on my face.

Quote:
4 minutes of kiting before slow, yet at no time were you unable to do anything else? and then 2 minutes after slow before melee engage? not stalling at all
You again? You're a fucking idiot. No, that's not a stall. There was a brief period of no direct action on Lodi during that FOUR MINUTES when I needed to heal the enchanter.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Lol Lodizal
Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

I think I like CCRs rendition of Lodi better
Old 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: We never pretended to be camping the gnoll. We openly admitted that we engaged the gnoll at spawn because it was the only legal move we had to try and get a chance at Lodi. This was the first thing said to Sirken from BG.

(You had not killed the gnoll before, therefore it was an open camp as far as camp rules are concerned)

2: We engaged the gnoll first, I have the logs of the encounter and of our conversation with Sirken as proof. It doesn't matter that we weren't there for the gnoll. We made a strategic decision based on what was available. You acknowledged to Sirken that you aren't allowed to charm an engaged mob. (You also gave 2 separate reasons at 2 separate times during our conversation with Sirken as to why you were stalling)

3: Called out in OOC that Charming an engaged mob is considered KS, you did not respond. I was left with only one recourse without risking our group getting a ban by interfering and that was to petition.

4: You weren't even in zone during spawn because we had someone there camping SF at spawn. So don't pull the camp the mob card.

5: You got outplayed. I'm sorry you feel wronged but it was a strategic maneuver, the same as a a leap frog. The game is meant to be competitive in times like this. We came in and saw a weakness in your strategy and we monopolized that weakness. From the very beginning we admitted that we engaged the gnoll to get a chance at Lodi as your shaman was seconds from death until you charmed (an engaged mob that was not going to be alive much longer) and the gnoll ran over to assist.

As said after the GM ruling, it was nothing personal and is a highly contested mob. Just as with any contested mob everyone wants to win. We did nothing wrong, even after you charmed our engaged mob we were told by leadership to stand down and not interfere. Next time a call goes out in OOC in regards to something you have just done, try responding and a GM won't have to be involved. We could have worked something out possibly.

It's a shame it came to that instead of you just admitting that you were outplayed and giving kudos on what was a smart move. I would have, but of course when I go to Lodi on my enchanter I charm the gnoll before spawn/engage because it's just that easy for someone to throw your strategy right out the window.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Don't get your feelings hurt over it. We felt that Sirken should have allowed you two a chance at Lodi without the gnoll and we would have accepted it if you two could have pulled it off. Hell, I would have applauded you both!
Wow! There are several ways in wich you can be a dick without breaking server rules. This is a good example.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow! There are several ways in wich you can be a dick without breaking server rules. This is a good example.
There are infinite ways to be a dick without breaking the rules and I see them every day from literally every guild. How does this even rate? Guy was just trying to give his guildies a shot at the mob. Like I said early in this thread I would have preferred just giving the kill and loot to AG over Sirken nuking it but THEY are the ones that broke the rules, not us.

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 10-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Banned

competition = intentionally screwing over other players for your own gain

hehe
Closed Thread