Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Orc

Default Loot Rules

I heard goblin camp in HHK sometimes has a rule where one person loots all corpses until they get an ear.

Ive always just looted a little bit every now and then. Do you all think in most places that would be fine?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. Especially later on after people stop freaking out over coppers. Typically "high" value items, which are ears in this case, follow some sort of loot protocol. Alpha looting usually applies to things like gems. But if you really wanna lug that fine steel scimitar around for 5p, no one gives a damn at higher levels.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

I looted a bunch of giant bat wings in SolB today. Nobody said anything.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

We should make a non discussion poll thread to force some serverwide rules on this
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

That is the typical loot rule for HHK

all loot is your til and ear HQ bricks are rolled on no matter what. It works out pretty fair if you are there all day.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-11-2017, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

by posting in the thread you hearby AGREE to roll on all goblin ears. Yes or No?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 AM
Kobold

Eh, instead of a loot agreement for goblin ears and shit... How bout just agreeing to be functional humans with moderate social skills and just go with whatever agreement the group wants at the time?
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

It always depends on the group to establish a set of rules for loot.

The worst is when you got 2-3 loot whores that grab loot off mobs before they even hit the ground.

Instead of setting up a loot order, they just continue to loot everything they possibly can and won't stop unless others bring up setting up some rules.

In these kind of groups, you got to establish the rules for loot yourself, otherwise you will get nothing.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Banned

I grouped in City of Mist last night on my SK and I think maybe half of the mobs probably rotted with coin still on them...
Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard goblin camp in HHK sometimes has a rule where one person loots all corpses until they get an ear.

Ive always just looted a little bit every now and then. Do you all think in most places that would be fine?
Looting rules don't exist, but looting policies are what players make of them.. the wiki has several suggested looting methods to possibly use when in a group setting. The best possible looting policy that I can state for goblins in HHK specifically is to use a master looter system where 1 person only touches the loot and then passes out ears to the other players in usually an alphabetic rotation. This works well because of a few reasons, first - most everything is usually just sold for cash, there is vendors real close, the bank allows for the looter to reset after doing splits to group such as is normally preformed when a player wants to join or leave. Another good reason this works is it lets casters focus on one thing.. Casting and Medding. Drops that are used for spell research go to appropriate classes first if they are collecting, and others usually if they ask for it for an alt. The main drawback to going with this policy is trust - that is trusting the person doing the looting to give everyone a fair cut of the collected purse, but when it happens properly every gets paid equally for their time. It works specifically best there in HHK because of the vendors and banker right in zone. Other zones its a bit harder to deal with this, but a wizard or druid can often play a good master looter since they can pop out sell and gate back when they bind in zone. Both classes have a port location that provides decent access to vendor & bank. The other drawback to master looting is if a player disconnects and cant return but as others stated often coin from trash loot is rather inconsequential but it does tend to add up over time.

The following is generally how looting works since you are often adding yourself to an existing group of players, you should inquire about what policy they are using when you join or asking to join. You can suggest other policy but since you are being accepted into an already working system, it is more often that you just go with the flow as the real key more so isn't the loot exactly but the xp so you can get to be higher level and go after better things or come back to areas that don't grant xp and farm for things with fewer players or solo and thus not have to worry about loot policies as much.

The bad part of the loot until you get an ear method is there can be long stretches where ears don't drop and one player may see more of some alternate drops like ore or weapons then others and then there are times where you click on one mob and you are done. Overall the classic state of looting was sharing of mob corpses ie click em as you go, but again casters tend to sit back to med instead of get up after corpses this is partly why the game has the autosplit feature which tries to divide coin drop up fairly, but it has a slight flaw.

Anyhow back to the little question you left off with, in general looting as you go should work out fine as others stated don't be a loot hog or else you might find you don't get groups as much. Your reputation as a player of your class is all you can really go by and hope you make allies along the way instead of enemies.
Closed Thread