Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Rewatched latest DIS with a clearer head - better than I initially thought. If anyone hasn't given it a chance - I would recommend it.

Still loving the Orville though - hope FOX keeps it goin'.

-Mcoy
Old 10-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Banned

hmm halfway through episode 5 but, if discovery was so important to starfleet to quarantine it like they wanted to in the first 15 minuets of the episode, how am I supposed to believe they're going to let this Jerry captain it into battle with klingons? I feel like they'd have this ship sent home and put on lockdown.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Episode 5 in short.
F bombs dropped on a TV show for the weakest comedic attempt I've seen in like, forever.
The ONE JOB that the main character has in staying out of prison, being the weaponizing of a monster's physical traits, is completely forgotten as they give it the boot off the ship.
Engineer/Scientist & Ship's doctor are 'surprise we're gay' revealed as they both have long cylindrical objects swirling in their mouths.
Bonus Credit - The albino klingon is now on board the ship as a rescued star fleet crewman. Don't EVEN tell me this isn't happening.

This is beyond awful. STD just whacked the franchise to an all new low.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Episode 5 in short.
Spoilers
This is beyond awful. STD just whacked the franchise to an all new low.
Now we'll have to get the thread retitled with a Spolier! tag. Go easy on the reveal(s) please.

-Mcoy
Old 10-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Banned

ok last nights episode was stupid as and here is why, and it gives me little hope for this show overall. Damnit.

1. the first 15 minuets the feds were like, "ship is too valuble to use, we must bring it in" then captain gets kidnapped and theyre like, "hey you, second in command, take that ship to deepspace and fight clingons with it!"

that's stupid, they would have said, bring that fucking thing in NOW and we'll risk getting the captain with another ship. (Not to mention, that would have been cool for that 1st officer (a huge pussy, re point #2) to battle making the same type of rogue move that the black girl made that hes still so upset about. but no, they went with shitty writing).

2. The first officer, is a huge pussy. A "present your groin area to a predator" type of pussy. Hes Jerry from Rick and Morty, hes the worst. And what's the worse thing about him? That he wont even listen to his science officers, while yelling at the Michael Burnham (the black girl from walking dead) for not listening to her crew and thus getting the captain killed. So, huge double back on his major character traits. Bad writing.

3. what the fuck was the captain doing flying a shuttle to the feds, and not the discovery? and how was a Klingon ship (without cloaking) appear out of nowhere (in federation space mind you, yeah, how are they there??!!) to capture him? LAME

3. The tardybear thing, shares NO dna with ANY speices ever recorded... except... HUMANS?!?! lol WHAT?! please explain that bullshit to me? no? Just gonna run with it? Lol ok.

4. The tardybear turned into a crystal sleep state by getting rid of 99.9% of its water, lets put it in space and watch it instantly regain all that water, from the vacuum of space! INSANLYL STUPID

5. I have never seen anyone make out in startrek before. Please, dont ever make me see that again.

6. The show is about a magic bear that lives in mystical rainforest on a space ship and warps the team around space, its basically half startrek, half Avatar.

7. can someone explain to me why the ship has a rotating disk? Or is that about as science heavy as the voygers warpness cells that move 3 quarters of an inch to go into warp?

8. BIOLOGY is the SAME as PHYSICS, DUH... No I wont explain this insane anti science nonsense, this is startrek, why would ANYTHING have to be even remotly belivable at all! You dont ask about the force do you? why would you ask about this insanes psudoscience. Er i mean beaming, so obviously we should jsut be able to make stuff up on the fly and not worry about it, its startrek!

9. I repeate, a magic bear surfs the rainforest of magic's nural net to warp around the galaxy.

10. Oh noes, the science guy is dead! What a sacrafi... oh wait, hes not dead? OH COOL we can just all take turns magically warping around the universe together!

THIS SHOW SUCKS FUCK DISCOVERY AND ITS CUCKNATION DEMOGRAPHIC
Old 10-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Mick above noticed several of the other elements that left me disappointed and presented the big one I missed - Yes. Ripper got rid of nearly all of its water. Yes, the order was given to hydrate it. But no, I don't buy that it absorbed the water (assumed to have been carried out off camera) to a sufficient level as the damned thing was in the exact same size, shape, and state as it was previously, and Yes, there's no water in space for it to recover the rest of its mass. The point of the precious ship being used as a rescue vehicle wasn't lost on me either.

On the bright side I won't have to waste bandwidth downloading it anymore. Finding other stuff to sate my Sci Fi craving will be hard though. Orville won't cut it for me unless it drastically improves.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Banned

we pumped for tonights 'sode?

will the blonde-gay serve as a better mushroom-warp-nipple-clamp slave than the weird-monster?

let's find out
Old 10-25-2017, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we pumped for tonights 'sode?

will the blonde-gay serve as a better mushroom-warp-nipple-clamp slave than the weird-monster?

let's find out

*daps thread*

lack of discussion speaks volumes on Discovery after the shark jump I'm out. Orville is not the TNG we need, but its the TNG we have.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Had to wait an extra week, but it was worth it! Orville still going strong, and I'm still trying to figure out what the last episode of Discovery was about...

-Mcoy
Old 10-27-2017, 11:39 AM
Banned

that last episode of orville was like time traveling to 1992 and then watching a brand new TV series. It was great.
Closed Thread