Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > Library

Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkaroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dsetup.dll file just disappears anytime i try copy or extract it to game folder. Its there for a sec then it vanishes.Iv done this a dozen times before not sure what the problem is now. even if i try unzip it to its own folder or just copy the file to either folder it shows up for a second then vanishes ? The original doesn't work for me I get outdated spell files on login, is there anyway to modify the original somehow or is that a complicated process.
Even though this is a FAQ it doesn't belong on the FAQ thread! Your anti-virus software is falsely identifying dsetup.dll as a virus, put an exception in for it (see your manual for how to do that for your anti-virus software)

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Are there any additional files / UIs / EQ Client customizations I should know about?
Are players free to use whatever custom UIs they want?

Ones like the Leewong and Duxa ones provide some additional, non classic functionality. There don't appear to be any mass bans from those threads, so are they fine?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Sorry if this is a dumb question. It has been over 10 years since I played Eq1 and all this talk of the new progression server has me wanting to start anew, but not sure if I want to start here or on the official one. thanks for the help and sorry again if this is in the wrong place. Questions:

1. Is the rate at which xp is gained the same as classic or is it accelerated? For example, the progression server is 50% faster than classic.

2. Does this server use old art assets? For example Oasis of Marr and Freeport (hate the new ones).

3. Will this server ever go beyond Velious or is that the max forever or for a really really long time?
Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

1) classic.
2) yes
3) never beyond velious
Old 05-13-2015, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweetza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are players free to use whatever custom UIs they want?

Ones like the Leewong and Duxa ones provide some additional, non classic functionality. There don't appear to be any mass bans from those threads, so are they fine?
Velious UI is recommended but I've seen screenshots of people with custom UIs. I don't think it's a problem as long as you're not modifying the client in any meaningful way, just displaying data.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:37 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious UI is recommended but I've seen screenshots of people with custom UIs. I don't think it's a problem as long as you're not modifying the client in any meaningful way, just displaying data.
I've also seen screenshots of people with Luclin models (Sirken (at the 1:42:00) has said things along the lines of "If we take it away from you and you reintroduce it, we will ban you if we catch you.") and with texture modifications, all of which have been explicitly stated to be against the rules.

It seems like a custom UI with more efficient slot management and stat displays would be fine, but it's not my server.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:49 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweetza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've also seen screenshots of people with Luclin models (Sirken (at the 1:42:00) has said things along the lines of "If we take it away from you and you reintroduce it, we will ban you if we catch you.") and with texture modifications, all of which have been explicitly stated to be against the rules.

It seems like a custom UI with more efficient slot management and stat displays would be fine, but it's not my server.
Pyrocat pretty much hit this head on. You cannot emulate a feature or function that has been explicitly removed (the ingame map being the most prevalent issue). It's a hard rule to sum up in one sentence, but in short don't be an idiot and justify something through a loophole.

You may modify things that are already there (prettier textures, UI changes), but you cannot add something that isn't (map, compass, showeq, etc). Again don't loophole this, you'll get banned anyways.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pyrocat pretty much hit this head on. You cannot emulate a feature or function that has been explicitly removed (the ingame map being the most prevalent issue). It's a hard rule to sum up in one sentence, but in short don't be an idiot and justify something through a loophole.

You may modify things that are already there (prettier textures, UI changes), but you cannot add something that isn't (map, compass, showeq, etc). Again don't loophole this, you'll get banned anyways.
I've submitted proof of someone using modded game files and nothing happened and i know several others did as well.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for the clarification. Custom Duxa UI it is.

And no Luclin models. Not for fear of ban, but because the forum has trained me to think I'm evil for wanting to use them.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
And no Luclin models. Not for fear of ban, but because the forum has trained me to think I'm evil for wanting to use them.
Yes! You've been very, very bad. You ought to be ashamed of yourself!