Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned

How could feeder guilds have end game experience.

I don't recall one in Aftermath but you'd always have experienced vets for all classes to askwhat your role should be how can you improve etc.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Just "showing up" to a raid is the opposite of the Rustle approach. 26 man Lady N kill way more exciting then Zerg.

Numbers wrong we probably had 94 for Lady N
Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just "showing up" to a raid is the opposite of the Rustle approach. 26 man Lady N kill way more exciting then Zerg.

Numbers wrong we probably had 94 for Lady N
my skinner box can beatup ur skinner box
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa a big list... What you're doing isn't fun. You fail to mention that your roster is insanely big so it's highly pending on if any of the 100 other people that might log in that actually have dkp. While there are times those go for cheap ... are those off hours? Can a normal person with a wife n kids can attend? Lots of holes in your it's only a few dkp to get an item statement based off of lots of outside circumstances.

What's your highest dkp? You're numbers are still more than rustle in terms of dkp. Also if you take into account turn over/burn out and lowering your RA I'd say you might be struggling just a little.
Killing dragons is plenty of fun.

These are the current going rates on those items, most of them have seen many drops going at this rate or lower, some have just recently reached this rate. All of these items were more expensive a few months back when our raid force wasn't nearly as saturated.

There will always be fluctuations in price like you said, but we have a cut off of 50 DKP meaning that mains will always win over an alt if they bid 51 DKP making it a lot easier for new members to obtaining a good base set of raiding gear.

You can raid whenever you want with us as we try to kill mobs 24/7, we have members from all over the globe with wives and kids, so yes a normal person can absolutely attend. People snag raids whenever they can/want just like Tekilya posted. You don't have to track or run or stare at walls we have plenty of people that do that, you can do however you please. There more you help out the more loot you get, it's completely up to you. When it comes to time invested vs amount of loot you get you simply get more bang for your buck in A/A than any other guild on this server as illustrated by the list I posted.

Like I said, raiding on p99 is not a closed club like it was on live, where the wait list to join the top guilds were so long that you basically had to be unemployed to have a chance of them letting you in. Here you have A/A with arms wide open ready to get to know you and help you progress.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Up until the double a/a bans, csg was still advancing through content we had not yet seen. Azure Guard had grown to be a huge guild and csg was putting up ridiculous numbers. When A/A got banned (twice) we got to do most/all of the stuff we had not killed yet. It was fantastic dealing with other civilized people for a short time. Lots of players who had been around since the velious release felt they "beat the game" and that further racing against you was a foolish contest that only the lowest common denominator would win. We lost several good, longterm people to retirement and a group of others went to TAKP. I bet something similar happened within F/V only they went to angar.

CSG is still active and raiding and eventually will try to race again on select targets but right now there is little appetite. A/A goes to crazy extremes to hold on to content They'll burn out eventually. If the leaders of those guilds put their 24/7 drive towards something productive over the last 18 months instead of line racing they could have started a business or built a house.
I own a house, make 80k+ a year, just bought a 40k truck and my girlfriend and her daughter live with me. Yet ive lead multiple guilds and been very successful in that aspect. Hmmmm
Old 05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I own a house, make 80k+ a year, just bought a 40k truck and my girlfriend and her daughter live with me. Yet ive lead multiple guilds and been very successful in that aspect. Hmmmm
You are clearly capable of managing people, managing resources, and being somewhere on time regardless of the time of day. If you do not own your own business you should really take that risk. 100% not trolling I respect this dedication even if i dont understand it.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does aftermath provide a mentoring system for new players that are looking to experience endgame?

or is that just the role of all the other feeder guilds
My best advice is to just get your feet wet and join either Aftermath or Awakend, and see if it's a fit for you. The worst thing that can happen is that you get a few new friends and experience some raids, maybe learn a new trick or two.

In Aftermath we have many people that love helping out, answering questions and just running around kicking rocks with our new members. And I'm very sure they are just as kind in Awakend.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd like to hear from spyder73 on this. double-dog dare you buddy.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

As long as you're ok with sacrificing a piece of your soul xD
Old 05-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Default lol

at the end of the day, you are a bunch of adults arguing over pixels. Just think about that for a second.
Closed Thread