Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Another Dev Bites the dust.

Good luck in your EQ classic fun and games guys. You population should really look at all the work the project1999 staff does for you guys FOR FREE so you can play FOR FREE.. I for one cannot deal with you guys. I played along side of you and decided to help development for your server. Just cant do it.. You guys bicker and complain about every single thing and what changes? NOTHING! You wake up and log in the very next day to cry bitch and moan some more and LOVE IT! My time is not worth your bitching and moaning.

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Banned

im sorry that you feel that way. i enjoyed playing on project1999 and your hard work was/is much appreciated. i can totally understand why you feel this way, though.

the population here is pretty poor in terms of attitude/entitlement and appreciation for your work.

i guess im just saying thank you for your work and sorry that things ended up this way for you.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

laugh out loud
Old 02-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] some of us do appreciate the hard work put in by the dev team. unfortunately, those lighting up the boards on a regular basis are low-life scum that clearly have nothing better to do.

Thanks for your contributions config.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Sorry you let things get to you man. This place and people can def get under your skin.

I totally understand where you're coming from man, and I hope you end up continuing with game development somewhere where you dont have to put up with so much open criticism.

cheers
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sorry that you feel that way. i enjoyed playing on project1999 and your hard work was/is much appreciated. i can totally understand why you feel this way, though.

the population here is pretty poor in terms of attitude/entitlement and appreciation for your work.

i guess im just saying thank you for your work and sorry that things ended up this way for you.
let me know what magical gaming community has a positive/endearing personality towards the developers and share such beliefs. Hello kitty online? Maple story?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by conFIGured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wake up and log in the very next day to cry bitch and moan some more and LOVE IT! My time is not worth your bitching and moaning.

Enjoy

conFIGured - Resigned
Resi - Retired
I actually bitch and moan without logging in anymore. It's impressive! Not that I don't appreciate what yall do, but the current raid scene(SEE: sockfest) isn't anything close to classic, and it doesn't appear the GM's/Dev's care at all.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually bitch and moan without logging in anymore. It's impressive! Not that I don't appreciate what yall do, but the current raid scene(SEE: sockfest) isn't anything close to classic, and it doesn't appear the GM's/Dev's care at all.

It's not their responsibility to babysit the community.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not their responsibility to babysit the community.
Of course not, but their attempt here is to recreate classic, which did not have random 7-9 day spawns. Even worse, there are far more capable level 50's than classic.

The turnover rate of players is already high. When end game is a sock fest instead of the exciting race it was in classic, it's even worse. When the same people on my friends list have logged in since the server opened don't show up anymore, there might be an issue. Will Kunark fix that if they keep the current boss spawn system? Sure, temporarily. The shit I used to hear every day about how excited people were about raiding in Kunark has turned into "well... I'll be happy do some sebilis I guess?"

Of course the devs will say they don't do it for the players, but I highly doubt they would have a team of devs if only 5 players were on the server even if nilbog says otherwise. It's a sense of accomplishment to see 800 players a night knowing 90%+ of the players that come to this server stayed or left happy. I wouldn't actually mind contributing myself since I actually have free time at work, but, lol... I don't see them allowing that.

I am echoing the sentiments of many past and present players who would *love* to continue this end game as it was in classic. I've done it in a mostly polite manner, and there has been nothing back from devs but dismissal. The "best" reason I've seen out of nilbog for not doing simulated patch days was that the "creators probably wouldn't have wanted respawn on hardware down time," which I find hard to believe considering how long it lasted.

I feel the real reason is they don't want to "give in to the players," or set a precedent for doing so. Though, one would think with the success from the database crash and rogeans respawn a couple weeks ago....
Closed Thread