Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tunabros and starkind should make out and have sex already
Old 12-07-2021, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 12-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dedicate this effort to cd288. Without his constant crying about my efforts to nerf Enchanter I might have lost motivation. He almost threw me when he claimed the client code wouldn't work well with modified server code but Nilbog confirmed that was bullshit.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=3395356

You all ready to get good?

Mmmmm.. I can't wait bros. See you in game once it goes live.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% can we get a forum mod to sticky this??? Needs to confront all the eyes on p99
Old 12-07-2021, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Old 12-07-2021, 11:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha (wiping a tear away) Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaha bro WHY would you share this you should be embarrassed about this bro
If I ever was embarrassed about something that happened in a video game I'd have serious problems to consider. Unlike most people on P99 I actually played classic EQ. I quit right before Kunark and came back late in Velious just before Luclin. There are probably like 5 people on P99 who remember classic era with the same detail I do.

NO ONE was leveling Enchanter in classic EQ unless they hated themselves. By far statistically it was the least popular class. That is why I hate P99 Enchanter so much because I basically want to play Green launch, relive my classic glory, and then quit when Kunark comes out and yet there is Enchanter the most popular class totally inverted from classic.

I was playing actually fun classes and cybering elfs not posting on the SOE forums about why my class seems to be worse with every patch. To answer your question, I share it because those who know classic know I'm right. Those who don't will keep thinking their memories of Luclin and PoP mean anything. One of my recent favorite reads was archived Enchanter posts where everyone agreed they don't even memorize Mez. That's how broken Enchanter was. When they fixed Mez which was broken in about 10 different ways, Enchanters complained they couldn't DoT mobs anymore because they used to be able to DoT a Mezzed mob. I could play P99 Enchanter well but I don't want to, it's a near zero downtime OP class and I only played EQ as something to do to make things I didn't want to do more enjoyable like cleaning the house. I can't clean the house if I have to keep charming and have no reason to stop. I like quadding, I like downtime breaks for cybering elfs and tidying my study.

You weren't there, poser...
Old 12-08-2021, 01:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever was embarrassed about something that happened in a video game I'd have serious problems to consider. Unlike most people on P99 I actually played classic EQ. I quit right before Kunark and came back late in Velious just before Luclin. There are probably like 5 people on P99 who remember classic era with the same detail I do.

NO ONE was leveling Enchanter in classic EQ unless they hated themselves. By far statistically it was the least popular class. That is why I hate P99 Enchanter so much because I basically want to play Green launch, relive my classic glory, and then quit when Kunark comes out and yet there is Enchanter the most popular class totally inverted from classic.

I was playing actually fun classes and cybering elfs not posting on the SOE forums about why my class seems to be worse with every patch. To answer your question, I share it because those who know classic know I'm right. Those who don't will keep thinking their memories of Luclin and PoP mean anything. One of my recent favorite reads was archived Enchanter posts where everyone agreed they don't even memorize Mez. That's how broken Enchanter was. When they fixed Mez which was broken in about 10 different ways, Enchanters complained they couldn't DoT mobs anymore because they used to be able to DoT a Mezzed mob. I could play P99 Enchanter well but I don't want to, it's a near zero downtime OP class and I only played EQ as something to do to make things I didn't want to do more enjoyable like cleaning the house. I can't clean the house if I have to keep charming and have no reason to stop. I like quadding, I like downtime breaks for cybering elfs and tidying my study.

You weren't there, poser...
I kinda felt this was genuine at first but not anymore. This is a bizarre, self-righteous quest to nerf chanters. I don't really give a shit if enchanters are OP or not, I've rolled many 60s and enc was actually one of the most fun to play; and if you're a shitty chanter it shows. When you hit 60 is when it gets boring, but I digress. Your channeling modification is misguided - the things that made things classic will never come back. As a refutation to your "I remember" argument, I also remember plenty of good enchanters. One in particular on Tholluxe Paells in my guild who was a mega-boss when it came to chantering. This was pre-kunark through the end of Luclin. So "I remember" your argument as false. Going after channeling as an avenue to rebalance "classic" is a fool's errand, at best. Penny wise, pound foolish. Focus your insights elsewhere.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slard271 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda felt this was genuine at first but not anymore. This is a bizarre, self-righteous quest to nerf chanters. I don't really give a shit if enchanters are OP or not, I've rolled many 60s and enc was actually one of the most fun to play; and if you're a shitty chanter it shows. When you hit 60 is when it gets boring, but I digress. Your channeling modification is misguided - the things that made things classic will never come back. As a refutation to your "I remember" argument, I also remember plenty of good enchanters. One in particular on Tholluxe Paells in my guild who was a mega-boss when it came to chantering. This was pre-kunark through the end of Luclin. So "I remember" your argument as false. Going after channeling as an avenue to rebalance "classic" is a fool's errand, at best. Penny wise, pound foolish. Focus your insights elsewhere.
Always keep them guessing. I did cyber many an elf though. Neriak behind the waterfall. If you know you know.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:53 AM
Skeleton

this server isnt classic you autist
Old 12-08-2021, 04:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight2003 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this server isnt classic you autist
This isn't 1999? Where am I?
Closed Thread