Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sig, love it
Ok That was a Tenderizer quality sig right there, I love it!

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Old 11-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The boxing check won’t include anything about green vs teal, they’ll test the two on same server. Remember that you can be boxing, and banned for it, totally regardless of what IPs you’re playing from. Idiot mistakes like same IP or same keyboard might be dead giveaways, but they’ll catch you regardless of how clever you think you are. You might get away with it for a little while, but that’s OK because then you’ll just have more to lose when you get your accounts permanently banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I keep getting stark reminders that Green/Teal have massive non-P99 population... people whining about maps and compass, boxing openly, etc. etc.
You can't play from the same IP to my knowledge. It won't let you join the server if you have another character logged in from the same IP. Hence why you need VPNs or IP exemptions if you have more than 1 person in a home trying to play.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

I assume GMs read tells between people so i wonder if boxers have fake conversations lol
Old 11-07-2019, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Tighty whitey crew represent
Old 11-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume GMs read tells between people so i wonder if boxers have fake conversations lol
I don't think they have access to conversations. I think it was Menden on Reddit the other week who said they don't keep chat logs, which is why you have to screenshot or record it if you're trying to prove something in a petition via what was said in chat.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Aviak

Boxer briefs.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't play from the same IP to my knowledge. It won't let you join the server if you have another character logged in from the same IP. Hence why you need VPNs or IP exemptions if you have more than 1 person in a home trying to play.
...you answered it yourself, IP exemption. Tons of people have them, if people are willing to break the rules to box then they’re almost certainly willing to invent a “friend” that needs an exemption. My point is that no matter how you box, they will find you. And they will catch you. And you will lose all your shit that you boxed so hard to get. And you will probably rage. And we will laugh. Repeatedly.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...you answered it yourself, IP exemption. Tons of people have them, if people are willing to break the rules to box then they’re almost certainly willing to invent a “friend” that needs an exemption. My point is that no matter how you box, they will find you. And they will catch you. And you will lose all your shit that you boxed so hard to get. And you will probably rage. And we will laugh. Repeatedly.
I was just saying that your comment about idiot mistakes like using the same IP isn't really applicable since it's not a mistake that can actually be made.

At any rate, based on what past staff have said when they left the server, I'd bet there's a decent number of people who box frequently and don't get caught because they know how to avoid it. Personally, I've never seen the appeal in boxing because the whole point of EQ is that it's a social MMO lol, but I'm guessing there's quite a larger number of people than we think boxing with regularity since you'd essentially have to trigger someone's suspicions and be reported or otherwise by coincidence be doing it right in front of a staff member in order to be caught because how else would you know if someone is doing it if they're using multiple computers and IPs? Maybe I'm just ignorant of technology though.
Last edited by cd288; 11-07-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Closed Thread