Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 08:08 AM
Banned

You already missed out if the need to RMT kicks in. You're no longer on the EQ journey and are back in the real world. You've lost your immersion.

Is it possible we just had a lot of immersed players with nothing better to do than get a FAKE elf mask? I guess. Any thoughts on whether it was just the same 10 people over and over on multiple accounts? I am feeling like it was at least a few hundred individuals dedicated to elf imitation. By the way way I am flattered...

How long would it take a population of 1000 math wise to reach a 90% loot rate certainty anyway? Curious.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

If the game is such a boresome chore you’d rather pay someone else to play it then perhaps you oughtn’t be playing it afterall.

Remember this is a social rpg. I know it’s a meme, but it really is about the friends an adventures we make along the way and not having a ‘finished’ min max character.

Frankly it flabbergasts me that ‘paying not to play’ is such a successful model in modern gaming.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the game is such a boresome chore you’d rather pay someone else to play it then perhaps you oughtn’t be playing it afterall.
Tbf it's p reasonable to look at the list camps as a grown adult and decide that your time is worth more then that. Those camps and their mechanics guaranteed that they would get farmed by resellers and sold to ppl who think hundreds of dollars is a fair price to not miss out on a few good night's sleep.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remember this is a social rpg. I know it’s a meme, but it really is about the friends an adventures we make along the way and not having a ‘finished’ min max character.

Frankly it flabbergasts me that ‘paying not to play’ is such a successful model in modern gaming.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to buy like a level 20 or 30 character (or another pre-level 50 level when a class starts to come into it's own) because they felt that the early levels are such a slog. What I don't get is why people will pay for max level characters...raiding in EQ isn't that fun, in fact EQ has some of the most boring raids in existence and depending on your class you may barely do anything during the multi-hour raid. Why would you want to pay for a max level char.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to buy like a level 20 or 30 character (or another pre-level 50 level when a class starts to come into it's own) because they felt that the early levels are such a slog. What I don't get is why people will pay for max level characters...raiding in EQ isn't that fun, in fact EQ has some of the most boring raids in existence and depending on your class you may barely do anything during the multi-hour raid. Why would you want to pay for a max level char.
Those early levels were not at all a drag to us youngins in 99 and a lot of us feel the same way still. We experienced EQ when there was no 'lvl 100 boost'.

That said, someone who played this game a lot and wants to explore the game at 50 should totally.

IMO we need some EMU projects devoted to a pure classic experience that enable stuff like this.

Sadly the 'cheat enabled' emus are riddled with custom content and non-classic mechanics. So p99 draws people that really aught to consider building their own "kunark box" were everyone starts at 44 with basic classic endish- game loots.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:22 AM
Banned

That said, no matter what people do to this game there will always be scrubs running around in banded farming lightstones, because some of us just do it because it feels good and it's low-key-low-stress, unlike competing for dragon pixels. If I was able to game deva and I said it before I would design a game that was raid less and unpredictable, un campable, and the goal would be to shoot min-maxers in the foot.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

If that’s a response to me I can’t see it
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am one of those individuals on live who routinely purchases 50 - 100 krono a month supporting Daybreak during progression to have the top items. I have my project 1999 life where I enjoy killing low end content. But on TLP's i enjoy using my Krono's to buy the best gear because well, I can. Being at a point in my life where I make approximately 18k monthly with no kids and no bills, I choose my entertainment as running around with these nice trinkets. I suppose it's my hobby. Would I ever do it in Project 1999? Hell no. I only buy the Krono's on live because I can purchase 25 at a time from Daybreak directly and support the company and also have fun.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priestnthku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am one of those individuals on live who routinely purchases 50 - 100 krono a month supporting Daybreak during progression to have the top items. I have my project 1999 life where I enjoy killing low end content. But on TLP's i enjoy using my Krono's to buy the best gear because well, I can. Being at a point in my life where I make approximately 18k monthly with no kids and no bills, I choose my entertainment as running around with these nice trinkets. I suppose it's my hobby. Would I ever do it in Project 1999? Hell no. I only buy the Krono's on live because I can purchase 25 at a time from Daybreak directly and support the company and also have fun.
dam that's a lot of dough
Old 05-04-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

TMO days Green Scale RMTd for 2k easy. people were Ballin back then Lol

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Closed Thread