Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-25-2022, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Violating my posting limit to say this:

A rulset where once you hit 60 a timer starts ticking down and there's 1 week left to pvp and raid on that toon b4 it gets reset to 1 would be neat to me. Disable exp loss entirely so its impossible to lose exp and double leveling speed. Make every mob give a small amount of exp.
lol wat.jpg

So if you break your arm like i did 2 months ago, you lose your character that took you like 2months to grind?

Id play a server like that if it took me one session of 6 hours to get to 60, like 500X xp not 2X xp.
Old 03-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats why reputation of being a PK vs Anti PK mattered on rallos zek and never happened on Red 1.0. It isn't just because the "meta" is different now. It is because on rallos zek you wanted to know who you could trust to wear decent armor around, and you always kept track of the people who you couldn't, forever.
This is true. Item Loot is the key missing ingredient to creating a successful anti-pk / pk environment. Without it, you get a server full of "random pks", aka reds. Which is no good... you need blues as well for healthy PVP. Without item loot you get this stupid environment of no grudges held because nothing of value is really lost. So then you just get "lol PRAS, GF - lets group now!". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Item Loot servers will help foster those good long grudges that last for years and entire guild wars are built around. Paradoxically, it may be the only driving force that could turn bluebies towards embracing PVP. When a known PK murderer enters a zone, bluebies may band together to drive them out in order to protect their hard earned pixels.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-25-2022, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you need blues as well for healthy PVP.
I'm not an expert, and didn't play back in-era, but I suspect this guy is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item Loot is the key missing ingredient to creating a successful anti-pk / pk environment.
I hope P99 tries a Rallos Zek ruleset item loot pvp server!
Old 03-25-2022, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
86 last night. Poopsockers all retired to bitch on the forums. The pop is gainfully employed. They don't have to come back. It will grow as the miserable derelict turn to ash.
Each time people say that i go check. Was re-reading the thread and came across quote. Sure enough. Ronnie in 4th of july at the beginning of the movie popped in my head where hes delusional about walking again someday. "Lets go, lets go, leeets gooo". People take the peak at 10pm that stays for 10mins to tell themselves everythings fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64.jpg (7.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-25-2022, 08:54 PM
Banned

The poopsockers are the ones still playing mainly i suspect and a couple who discovered server late in its lifecycle. All i got is a fungi i exchanged for my manastone, an fbss and some monk weap thats 2nd best before raid or something that i dumped on a monk for fun. Made it to 40 or something. My 60 sham is shirtless with a bunch of funny mismatched bum gear.

Hopefully the devs are lurking in threads like this, taking notes and we can play a populated server again. Lets go, lets go, leeeets goooo.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each time people say that i go check. Was re-reading the thread and came across quote. Sure enough. Ronnie in 4th of july at the beginning of the movie popped in my head where hes delusional about walking again someday. "Lets go, lets go, leeets gooo". People take the peak at 10pm that stays for 10mins to tell themselves everythings fine.
I mean I don't want YOU or your kind to play. You dont like pve anymore so your only goal is to prevent me from enjoying it. Thus, I have no reason to lie.

I like pvp but for securing camps and such. As you stated, without item loot thats its primary value to one who has not beat the game already.

Just saying, I find groups no problem and have an active guild. The more of you that go away, the more it will grow.
Last edited by hekbringer; 03-25-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 03-26-2022, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ that hyper ruleset with item loot would be the most fun ever, people blasting up to 60 and back to 1 constantly would mean there would be population all over all levels of the game, at all times.

It's like the reincarnation server where the effectiveness of your past life is reflected in how much you manage to carry through haha.

Not classic enough starkind :P

I only wish that Verant / Sony experimented with rulesets more during EQ's golden years when any new server would have had decent population.
Thx.

I solved the problem with my rules..player kills also give exp. So u can't hover at 50 forever and ever.

I would go ahead and just give ppl max skills in combat/casting to make it easier to get going at the accelerated pace.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekbringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I don't want YOU or your kind to play. You dont like pve anymore so your only goal is to prevent me from enjoying it. Thus, I have no reason to lie.

I like pvp but for securing camps and such. As you stated, without item loot thats its primary value to one who has not beat the game already.

Just saying, I find groups no problem and have an active guild. The more of you that go away, the more it will grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59.jpg (7.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg MV5BMjI2ODQ0NDg5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjMzNTUzMDI@._V1_.jpg (92.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-26-2022, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

I really wish the devs would relaunch a new red server, I honestly think it will be pretty popular. I know a good amount of people that would reroll. Blue is full of pussies that won’t even accept a fun friendly duel, I’ve tried so many times and have even offered rewards for arena battles. Even just mentioning pvp on blue gets those guys whipped into a nerd rage. I miss the old days where you’d always see monks and warriors going at it in the tunnel or rathe brawls.
Old 03-26-2022, 11:50 PM
Kobold

It's crazy how disconnected Gustoo is from EQ pvp. For a decent portion of this server the consequence for dying was that you didn't get to play for the rest of the night.

I know If I logged on Beastagor and died in Seb to a group I probably wasn't getting my body back until they were done. Obviously goes both ways.

This was not the case when LNS became a thing but I'd confidently say Gustoo didn't play during that time / didn't know it existed

And ya I think being denied the ability to play your character is a pretty fun consequence to losing in pvp