Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Large Bat

Default Newbie! Client Crash at Character Select!

Hi!

After hunting for months I have managed to get my hands on a copy of titanium (copy/pasted from a friends program files, his client works) and have followed all required steps to get it working at home.

I'am currently able to log on, go to server select and move to character select. Upon loading the character select/creation screen my client freezes, then I recieve a 'Client may have crashed' error and am kicked to desktop.

I have looked at several threads and tried many fixes, which include;

Updating to latest 'patch' from Set-Up guide on P1999 Site.

Moving eqclient.ini file and allowing client to make a new one.

Manually adjusting my resoulution in .ini file to match resolution set on windows desktop

Moving Files out of Program Files to a different file.

Ensured eqgame.exe(desktop shortcut) targets the correct file and includes 'patchme' (Not sure if this is for EQemu or P99, have always used 'Launch Titanium' to play as instructed). I have also tried without having 'patchme'!

The game boots in full-screen although upon selecting my server the loading screen flips to windowed mode, the character select loads with the 'Menu' (i.e. create character, enter world) in front of a completely black screen, freezes for maybe 20 seconds and crashes.

I'm sure I'm missing something, I'm wondering if my method of installation just wont do, but am very hesitant to attempt looking for another source!

Any help would be awesome, sorry for my first post being a cry for help but I'm at a loss now!

Deax87
Old 01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Large Bat

I have since Downloaded and set up a profile for WinEQ2 - same error at same point. Any clues/suggestions would be great.

Feeling as if its a video problem as I've not actually seen a zone/character model load in my character creation screen, just black.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:59 AM
Large Bat

Fixed, was able to get a fresh install and worked first time.

Carleton - 1 Cleric