Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-15-2023, 02:41 AM
Aviak

Default I want..

..to be a Barbarian Paladin. It just makes sense. Shadowknights have two large races within their roster of possible characters, while the closest equivalent paladins have are somehow the Dwarves, of all things. Slam is awesome, and paladins deserve to have access to it too. Lore-wise, barbarians usually follow the Tribunal, the gods of justice. We've got paladins of nature (Tunare), paladins of valor and love (Marr twins), paladins of storms (Karana), seas (Prexus), and even peace (Quellious).. so why not paladins of justice? Thematically, it makes sense.

I want stronk, tall cleric-warriors of truth and justice, shining brightly as they stride on their long, hairy legs across the lands, righting wrongs and smiting evil doers by shoulder checking them into the dirt. I want those juicy tall race combat stats so that paladins can stand shoulder to shoulder with shadowknights as equals.

I want Barbarian Paladins! Who's with me?
Old 10-15-2023, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed. Also barbarians need bards.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-15-2023, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

what in the EQ2 is going on here?
Old 10-15-2023, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Facts. Skald.

https://open.spotify.com/track/34hYH6o60RtUv5u5UUgnd0
Old 10-16-2023, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What point are you trying to make? Skalds were scandinavian/nordic. Norrathian bards are clearly inspired by celtic/gaelic cultures.
Old 10-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What point are you trying to make? Skalds were scandinavian/nordic. Norrathian bards are clearly inspired by celtic/gaelic cultures.
Exactly. Barbarians are primarily Scottish inspired, ie fit well into celtic/gaelic tropes

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-16-2023, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what in the EQ2 is going on here?
I wouldn't know. I never played EQ2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes sense. Honestly Bard feels like one of those classes that basically every race should have access too, like warrior or rogue. Everyone loves listening to stories and songs.

On that note, even goblins manage to have wizards among their ranks. So, why can't more playable races be wizards as well? I feel like every race should have at least a basic spread of fighty, healy, sneaky, and zappy types available to play. Ogres and Trolls get the short end of the stick as well in this regard. Heck, the wizard guild of Freeport even has an Aviak (of all things) among its ranks.
Last edited by htabdoolb; 10-16-2023 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: birb
Old 10-16-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heck, the wizard guild of Freeport even has an Aviak (of all things) among its ranks.
Likely an illusion, or intended to be considered as much given that it's an enchanter.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1175

Quote:
Romiak Jusathorn [ Enchanter Guildmaster ]
Enchanter Guildmaster

Uploaded July 24th, 2007
The guildmaster of the Enchanters in freeport.
Quote:
Regarding illusion thing.
#Jun 16 2001 at 5:25 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
He is always in this form, but yes I am under the assumption it is "supposed" to be an illusion, someone should try and dispell him =)
Quote:
RE: Regarding illusion thing.
#Aug 11 2005 at 8:07 AMRating: Decent
__DEL__1591801678987
344 posts
If you kill him, he'll spawn as his real form, so that'd work just as well as dispelling him.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

On that note though, there doesn't seem to be a single bard aviak NPC on Norrath, which seems like such an oversight since a bird race would be naturally adept at singing. South Karana merchant even sells instruments.
Last edited by Ennewi; 10-16-2023 at 02:59 PM..
Old 10-16-2023, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

I've always felt like Barbarians, while they might worship some of those gods, lore wise are supposed to be more fiery and hot tempered. I.e., maybe not quite the more calm/level headed mentality you'd expect from a Paladin.