Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Chanter stun lock

How to do this?

Have been reading from Xornn's guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Xornn's_...le_.2820-23.29

Quote:
Stun-Locking has a multitude of uses, all of which I will mention below, and it also offers almost a complete soloing ability by itself. Here however, I'm just going to explain how stun-locking is accomplished. Color Flux has a 1 second cast for a 4 second stun. Color Shift is 1.5 second cast for 6 seconds of stun. Both have a re-cast delay of 12 seconds. Drop Color Flux, and when the spells become available to cast, you have around 2 seconds to cast. If you can wait just a split-second, then cast Color Shift, then you land the six second stun right as the Flux wears off, leaving the mob unable to move still. Now if you truly landed the spell perfectly, the stun will go out to a 10 second duration, meaning that Color Flux is just becoming available as the stun lifts. Typically the mob will get one swing, then the stun lands again. Stun-Locking causes a very large amount of aggro in the mob (stuns do this), and I will discuss this in each tactic area stun-locks are used. After much practice, I am able to restrict a mob to a maximum of one "attack tick" every ten seconds, for 60 mana every round of stunning. Oftentimes, I actually re-establish the lock before the mob's "attack tic" occurs (as apparently your tic for when to swing runs even when stunned), making for a seamless stun. Do not believe that you can chain-stun without ever giving the mob a swing, though. 4 seconds + 6 seconds = 10 seconds. You need 13 seconds for it to be a total stun-lock, as after Color Flux ungreys (12 seconds of stun later), you still have the 1 second casting time.
Even tried the orc pawn for practice. Seems like I get hit 3 times when using just Flux & Shift! The only way I got down to 2 times was if I use Languid's Pace, even with the slow on I can't get to just 1 hit per 10 second cycle.

Is this only possible with spell gems refresh item like the glamour rod? I don't have that yet.

Can you tell me when approx in the hit cycle I should start casting flux? I've tried to land it right before the next attack cycle, cast right after the last attack and just about everywhere inbetween, but no luck.

21 ench lfhelp.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

It's unreliable until you get a third stun.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's unreliable until you get a third stun.
most reliable when you have three stuns to use, and also when one of those stuns is not color Flux. flux only lasts 4 seconds where the others last 6 and 8.

You want shift, skew, and slant to be able to properly stun lock.

the other stuns are also a 1.5 and 2 seconds cast time and color flux only lasts 4 seconds. so with a 2 second cooldown and then 1.5 to 2 second cast time, you are cutting it super close to the 4 seconds the stun lasts even if you recast it with perfect timing. this is why you dont use flux.\

aka that chanter guide isnt the best advice in some things.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 02-14-2016 at 06:57 PM..
Old 02-14-2016, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Sam and Cath are correct in that three stuns will make this work. For this method, the icing on the cake is to have a summoned pet that is buffed before you begin stunning. Mage pet armor for your pet is the cherry on top. Sorry for the food references.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Don't all 3 stuns share the same cooldown? Meaning if you use one and the gem becomes "greyed out" because of the cooldown between uses, does that not affect the other 2 stuns as well since they are the same spell line?

Never tried it so sorry for my ignorance.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbolshia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't all 3 stuns share the same cooldown? Meaning if you use one and the gem becomes "greyed out" because of the cooldown between uses, does that not affect the other 2 stuns as well since they are the same spell line?

Never tried it so sorry for my ignorance.
Nope! Try it out. There's global cool down and individual. There's no cool down based on spells having similar effects.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

You can stun lock using the first 3 available stuns. Its super easy with a gcd reeset such as glamour rod.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:19 AM
Orc

Sometimes my rotation includes a memory blur to wipe all that nasty agro.
Closed Thread