Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I leveled my iksar shaman I personally avoided kurns except for groups. Too much level variance in the skeletons in the upper floors. Too many adds and multipulls everywhere. Unlimited single pulls just outside was much simpler when soloing.
The great thing about Kurns is that none of the skeletons are social. So you can pull one at a time out of a full group of them and only one will come. So find a nice safe place and pull away. It's when you're running somewhere and can't see around a corner and WHAM, there are two there or something, and there's no way to avoid pulling more than one. But that doesn't happen often.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball_jones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The great thing about Kurns is that none of the skeletons are social. So you can pull one at a time out of a full group of them and only one will come. So find a nice safe place and pull away. It's when you're running somewhere and can't see around a corner and WHAM, there are two there or something, and there's no way to avoid pulling more than one. But that doesn't happen often.
Based on my experience there that isn't true, unless there is a recent bug.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on my experience there that isn't true, unless there is a recent bug.
I'm leveling there now, it's absolutely true and has been ever since I've been there. Not sure if it's a bug, but there are other guides out there that mention how the skels aren't social.
Last edited by goofball_jones; 08-17-2016 at 12:57 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball_jones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm leveling there now, it's absolutely true and has been ever since I've been there. Not sure if it's a bug, but there are other guides out there that mention how the skels aren't social.
Which guides?
Old 08-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Which guides?
Off the top of my head, I don't remember, but I remember reading them. But that's totally irrelevant because I"m here to tell you that the skeletons are not social. Not at all. I have a character there now and I pull from the rooms without aggroing the entire room. These are only the skels I'm talking about, not the furbies.

But hey, don't take anyone's word for it. Go there and find out yourself. I'm not here to make things up or to argue about it.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Off the top of my head, I don't remember, but I remember reading them. But that's totally irrelevant because I"m here to tell you that the skeletons are not social. Not at all. I have a character there now and I pull from the rooms without aggroing the entire room. These are only the skels I'm talking about, not the furbies.

But hey, don't take anyone's word for it. Go there and find out yourself. I'm not here to make things up or to argue about it.
Relax, I was just asking.
Last edited by jolanar; 08-17-2016 at 08:19 PM..
Old 08-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Any alternatives at 30? Treants are perma-camped 24/7 with very high demand and waiting lists. I wandered over to HHK but the guards are all even con with a few blues (at least checking the first level) and couldn't find a safe place to bind (large races can't stand in the room with the neutral vendor). Stuck around for half an hour but even at 3am there were wait lists on the gobbo groups. Sucks to loose out on the income stream because I think I made more in 20 minutes there than my entire low level life.

I have /who all misty hoping maybe the guards would be in my level range (haven't actually checked) and same thing, 3+ necros 24/7 so I am assuming that camp can't support that many people either. Completely out of ideas debating if I should wait on the damn kunark boat again and try my luck back at the giant fort/brute cave or if there are better alternatives.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

At 30, try SolA. Can make money selling ores and FS weapons while enjoying a nice ZEM. Another option is UGuk.. if you can't (or don't want to) solo there, you can easily find a duo/group to go to either zone.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Gnoll Spires or Centaurs in SK are an alternative.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

I think I did FM giant fort at 30 on my shaman. I always either soloed or duoed with a SK. I would pull with slow and just melee them down. I will say that I was wearing a fungi/Cloak of flames/GFG at the time, but I could go through 5-6 mobs before having to med. I figure depending on gear you can do a few at a time.
Closed Thread