Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 PM
Kobold

If they don't eventually merge these to Blue, starting new cycles of the classic timeline will continually split the community into smaller and smaller slices.

And thanks to whoever it was above who explained about same-named characters.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they don't eventually merge these to Blue, starting new cycles of the classic timeline will continually split the community into smaller and smaller slices.

And thanks to whoever it was above who explained about same-named characters.
I think the idea is to keep Green 1.0 as a permanent server and all future Greens will roll into it. Blue is irreparable due to beta fuckery, so it’s going to be left alone with the possible addition of custom content in the future.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-23-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Nodoby knows besides staff so people on here saying they think they know are wrong
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the idea is to keep Green 1.0 as a permanent server and all future Greens will roll into it. Blue is irreparable due to beta fuckery, so it’s going to be left alone with the possible addition of custom content in the future.
Ah, that will work too. Thanks. That's too bad though, we also have characters on Blue.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, that will work too. Thanks. That's too bad though, we also have characters on Blue.
Well, in my opinion, the characters earned on Blue were earned under a different rule set and on a server that at times had huge QOL advantages over the current crop of Green characters. That means guilds of Blue characters would absolutely dominate raid content on on Green 1.0. I think merging Green 1.0 and an eventual Green 2.0 at the end of it’s lifecycle would be a much less catastrophic merger. Green 1 would probably always dominate, but not to crazy extent Blue would.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-24-2019, 04:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has since been debunked green+teal will never merge to blue.
-Citation needed-
Old 11-24-2019, 05:20 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=337073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:46 AM
Planar Protector

The best thing is they've got 3 years to think about it if they do want to change it. What anyone individually prefers to happen and/or negatively reacts to doesn't mean anything to the overall course of green/teal.

Just get on and enjoy the experience rather than stressing about 3 years time <3

How much do you care about your blue characters at this point? ^^
Old 11-24-2019, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

I'm all for the merge. It would be like Diablo2 ladder system but on a longer time scale.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:11 PM
Kobold

blue was the beta server, it is old and busted (with broken economy). keep teal/green pure and don't polute them
Closed Thread