Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah depends on weapons, i promise my tuna sword gonna out dps some pug war in Kc.
100% but that certainly isn't the average knight leveling up. My super twink paladin regularly would out dps rogues too.

On average though, in a normal exp group situation with players who don't have access to tov/endgame loot the warrior with dual wield will out dps any knight of equivalent gear and the group will have gained more exp from the warrior over the knight.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider a monk each and every time you would ever think of using a warrior in a group.

Thank me later.
The problem with monks is they are huge loot whores/greed comes first especially if its a first character.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% but that certainly isn't the average knight leveling up. My super twink paladin regularly would out dps rogues too.

On average though, in a normal exp group situation with players who don't have access to tov/endgame loot the warrior with dual wield will out dps any knight of equivalent gear and the group will have gained more exp from the warrior over the knight.
Prob , but they should be dps instead of tanking anyways like said in my first post. War is good dps and have some cheap raid twink items like kt axe and vyemm sword. Let knights tank and war dps.
Old 08-01-2023, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with monks is they are huge loot whores/greed comes first especially if its a first character.
Monks being capitalist doesn't take away their (many) advantages as a group member compared to a warrior.
Old 08-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

It always amazed me that warriors thought their class was good because they had the capability to suck loot and stare at their combatlog while CH's were dumped into them.

Literally their only claim to fame is the defensive disc, otherwise they are outshined in every way (by a lot) by every other class.

Tired of giving these mouth breathers more credit than the doorstop they serve as in raids.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It always amazed me that warriors thought their class was good because they had the capability to suck loot and stare at their combatlog while CH's were dumped into them.

Literally their only claim to fame is the defensive disc, otherwise they are outshined in every way (by a lot) by every other class.

Tired of giving these mouth breathers more credit than the doorstop they serve as in raids.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone else love waiting for a warrior to proc
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-02-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Warriors and knights with similar weapons are pretty close leveling up outside offensive discs. Similar dps weapons while warriors use aggro weapons (outside the herbalist spade or ToV stuff) which are pretty marginal in terms of putting out damage.

If you're comparing a ToV ___ to an EC ___ then sure, it's not fair. But why are you showing up to random PUG's in The Hole or KC anyways? To brag about your alt's raid loot? Go solo somewhere, hit 60, and park that nerd in a random raid zone.

Really, I've played all the tanks to know I'd be happy with any of them. I'm just not patient enough to go that extra mile and spend all the plat and dkp gearing each one up since they tend to be redundant outside hyper-specific instances. As for if a warrior farming scepters is less or more annoying than a pally questing a soulfire for the 30th time? That's TBD...
Old 08-02-2023, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

I think comparing warriors to sks and paladins in group content for the purposes of *tanking* is a waste of time, because tanking isn't really needed where CC functions. Tanks are needed in raids since you can't CC.

If you want to compare the tanks in groups, probably only worth talking about the damage really, but really even with that, who cares. Just bring cool people, and focus on your group being fashionable because only fashion matters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2023, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think comparing warriors to sks and paladins in group content for the purposes of *tanking* is a waste of time, because tanking isn't really needed where CC functions. Tanks are needed in raids since you can't CC.

If you want to compare the tanks in groups, probably only worth talking about the damage really, but really even with that, who cares. Just bring cool people, and focus on your group being fashionable because only fashion matters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding in everquest is fundamentally garbage. I'll say it. It's bad.

Targets are zerged, classes have narrow functions and either are incredibly important, or not important at all. The fights are boring.

The only reason people love rushing to raid targets is because the core gameplay of everquest raiding is bad to begin with in the first place.

It's all they have to say they're having "fun", this mockery of what they call "competition".