Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-28-2023, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgull2k1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason Ive even managed to get to 10 is because of kind souls in the tunnel
So you were in the wrong zone on the wrong continent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xhss9.jpg (54.6 KB, 159 views)
Old 08-28-2023, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Listen, if this was your first try at EverQuest and you did all that and started as a warrior, and lasted 26 hours, you are a true warrior in my books. I give you a warriors high five.

It's a very easy class to play but it's a hard road that doesn't pay off until the very end, and the payoff is.. okay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope you enjoyed the experience though!
Old 08-29-2023, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last time I tried to play was when they opened the green server and it was just depressing for me. Everyone I grouped with was obsessed with leveling as fast as possible and they all knew every little trick and gimmick with the game.
You may have played with the wrong people...that was not my experience back in October of 2019 when Green launched- It was a lot of fun with a lot of good "old school type" players.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may have played with the wrong people...that was not my experience back in October of 2019 when Green launched- It was a lot of fun with a lot of good "old school type" players.
Maybe. I'll admit I didn't stick around very long.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:49 AM
Large Bat

It has nothing to do with any of that. It's that you tried to roll your first character as a gear dependent melee char with no friends and no money, and 3 years after the leveling curve.

Definitely sucks. It's hard, but everyone has multiple 60s and no one is 'organically' grouping as much anymore.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Paludal caverns has once again ruined the classic levelling experience, as the timeline dictates.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-29-2023, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paludal caverns has once again ruined the classic levelling experience, as the timeline dictates.
Yeah- I never got the draw to anything post-Velious. SoL isn't horrible, but it isn't good, it was the beginning of easy-mode for EQ.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Grouping is dead on p99, as the way it was for years. I was lucky enough to play on Green before Velious release, and groups were abundant. You could get invites to groups in classic zones like SolA, Najena, Highpass, Guk, Lower Guk, Cazic Thule, Splitpaw, Sol B, the Hole.... now all empty except for soloers.

But as others have stated, by now these time-locked servers are so top-heavy, that new players or new characters starting from scratch are pretty rare. Much more common is the player who achieved 60, got raid gear, and is now rolling a twink alt because they've always wanted to play XX class.

I have several toons, and have similar experiences to you on my mid-level toons. Put LFG up on a level 30 cleric for a whole weekend while running around/ afk / questing, without a single tell asking me to join a grp. In between afks, I sent tells, /who all LFG returned 0 results many times. Sent tells to others, and either people were solo, or there was exactly 1 group in level range that was full... or I would travel to the populated zone, and find a group just in time for them to disband.

I have been playing for a little over 2 years now, but can see the trend. The only thing left to do for most people is to continue raiding to gear their mains for ????? or continue socking plat camps for ???? or continue rolling alts for ??????

p99 in 2023 is not a great place. p99 Green from 2019 - 2022 was, however. Keep your eyes out for a new server. BG3 is fun, too.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

^ Man I don't get it, if I want to build a group, I build a group, even on blue, as a less desirable group class than cleric.

Let's say I'm lvl 25... /who all 21-29, /tell soandso "Looking for another to group in Sol A if you're interested", and once people stack up "SK/rogue/druid looking for 3 more to group in Sol A if you're interested". Unless it's like 2am I usually always get somebody. I would say 30% just don't respond, 50% say no, and 20% say yes, roughly.

With the population on blue it doesn't usually fill a group of 6, but 3 or 4. Way better numbers earlier in the day before people are going to bed. Years ago, when the population was higher, I would add the specific classes I wanted to the /who all. Best part is, people who say yes are usually down to do it again. BAM, leveling cohort.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Man I don't get it, if I want to build a group, I build a group, even on blue, as a less desirable group class than cleric.

Let's say I'm lvl 25... /who all 21-29, /tell soandso "Looking for another to group in Sol A if you're interested", and once people stack up "SK/rogue/druid looking for 3 more to group in Sol A if you're interested". Unless it's like 2am I usually always get somebody. I would say 30% just don't respond, 50% say no, and 20% say yes, roughly.

With the population on blue it doesn't usually fill a group of 6, but 3 or 4. Way better numbers earlier in the day before people are going to bed. Years ago, when the population was higher, I would add the specific classes I wanted to the /who all. Best part is, people who say yes are usually down to do it again. BAM, leveling cohort.
The secret to your success is you aren’t limiting yourself by filtering for the lfg tag.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung