Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-25-2023, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine not using illegal programs.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-25-2023, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

If you have a geared Ranger you dont use track much. You just hand out awesome buffs, bump, and out-dps pleb monks.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

Tbh no new player should play war

Players not playing US prime time and only wanting to group should avoid rogue and probably avoid rogue because the class has like 1 button.

Any other class late velious is a fine pick. Just know as a mage you won't get your epic.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:24 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magicians, Necromancers, Rangers, Shadow Knights, Paladins
These classes are the best at nothing and maybe underwhelming when compared to other classes late game.

DruidÂ’s
Starting a druid to make platinum is a mistake. Earning platinum by porting other players around is underwhelming compared to other ways of making platinum including simply xping in dungeons.

BardÂ’s
Nobody wants a BardÂ’s unless they need a substitute enchanter, a kite or a seizure. Incredibly bad gameplay.
Your post should have started with:

"If you want to play with people that think exactly like I do,"

The type of person that you play with has more influence on enjoyment than the class that you picked does. I don't enjoy playing with people who are hardcore min/max any more than they enjoy me going AFK 7 minutes after joining the group because EQ<RL,
Old 08-26-2023, 07:25 PM
Orc

I hope any new players reading this realizes that you can play any character class you want and you will have fun. Ignore the drama queens and the purse swingers.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:37 AM
Large Rat

im new here but i main a druid on green and im lvl 16 and fairly well geared. For me, druids are good MH as backup to a cleric, i did a group for 12 hrs last night as the MH and buffer and we did well with a enchanter and shammy bard combo. Even with a cleric in group , it only was needed for her heals when it got busy with adds. Druids arent useless. just offering my opinion.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:20 AM
Sarnak

Paladin, best Job I ever had.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by melenkaah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im new here but i main a druid on green and im lvl 16 and fairly well geared. For me, druids are good MH as backup to a cleric, i did a group for 12 hrs last night as the MH and buffer and we did well with a enchanter and shammy bard combo. Even with a cleric in group , it only was needed for her heals when it got busy with adds. Druids arent useless. just offering my opinion.
I'm glad your enjoying it, and I also think druids are always kind of neat, but I should warn you that your healing spells do completely stop very early on while clerics keep going. In fact, youll get one at 19 and 29, and that'l be the end of that until you get sort of a kinda heal in the 50's. youll be using your 29 heal the whole game, but its not a terrible heal, it just cant keep up later on.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Druids usually need to have a good charm animal available to be a strong group member at high levels. They are mediocre/insufficient healers and can't contribute good DPS without charm. It's a fine class for a new player, just be aware your power level drops majorly in many zones at high levels and you often won't be able to keep a group alive on your own.

Warrior, Rogue, Wizard are what a new player should be highly cautioned about. The former two are bad without the right kind of group support, it can be an especially frustrating experience when also lacking gear, while Wizard is a class that peaks at Level 12 in their intended role (nuking targets) and can't even perform that function in a meaningful way at high levels; the overall worst class for groups and not too special for soloing either.

I also wouldn't recommend Shadowknight, Ranger, or especially Paladin, but in this era of Velious they are fine if someone wants to play a melee. Bard should probably be warned about for the difficult playstyle, but it's a great class.