Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2024, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

Imagine if they launch the new server and assure everyone that legacy items will drop for a limited time as normal, then pull the rug out from under them at the last possible second.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine if they launch the new server and assure everyone that legacy items will drop for a limited time as normal, then pull the rug out from under them at the last possible second.
That sounds pretty entitled and a poignant statement about your time. These forums are kinda rough sometimes; I'm really surprised how many people are so thankless. I imagine that would come as a huge disappointment, but there are different ways to communicate that.

Probably so much tedious and painstaking work went into bringing you what you spend so many hours enjoying at zero cost.. or complaining about I guess in your case today.

A paid monthly subscription was also classic once, but nobody complains about not having to pay that anymore.. weird! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regardless - I hope you have a great day!
Last edited by solidious77; 03-22-2024 at 07:32 AM..
Old 03-22-2024, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds pretty entitled and a poignant statement about your time. These forums are kinda rough sometimes; I'm really surprised how many people are so thankless. I imagine that would come as a huge disappointment, but there are different ways to communicate that.

Probably so much tedious and painstaking work went into bringing you what you spend so many hours enjoying at zero cost.. or complaining about I guess in your case today.

A paid monthly subscription was also classic once, but nobody complains about not having to pay that anymore.. weird! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, stupid; I'm not complaining. It's a reference to another server that I think a lot of people here will understand. Regardless, it's more in the spirit of appreciation for what we have on p99.

Have a super-duper elf day.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He's talking about Project Quarm
Old 03-25-2024, 09:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea that was major bs
Old 03-25-2024, 10:42 PM
Skeleton

Team #NoMerger

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2024, 11:30 AM
Aviak

Project Quarm seems like playing poker with fake chips. Its the same game, but not really haha.

Merger or no merger, I only popped on the forums here to say what everyone new is thinking - am I about to waste 8 months if/when a new server drops?

I can't start on P99 with that looming over me, unfortunate because I've totally got the bug to dig in at the moment.. but imagine getting to 55+ and just got all your keys and then bam! new server haha.

Not that I deserve or am entitled to it, but official communication/update around that subject would be really cool
Last edited by solidious77; 03-26-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-26-2024, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Considering there are years worth of threads exactly like this one I wouldn't waste your time worrying, in a few years the only difference will be a new header on the thread that someone else started to "discuss" the same thing.

Fact: No announcement or intention has been made by the staff, which are the only people that are able to effectuate such a change

Fact: All communication from CSR recently has been focused around doing things that require "no Devs". So it seems the subset of the subset of staff that would be needed to do this are effectively non-existent.

Pro-tip: stop wasting time speculating and start enjoying P99. Chances are you'll be gone from the game before the game is gone from you.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Project Quarm seems like playing poker with fake chips. Its the same game, but not really haha.

Merger or no merger, I only popped on the forums here to say what everyone new is thinking - am I about to waste 8 months if/when a new server drops?

I can't start on P99 with that looming over me, unfortunate because I've totally got the bug to dig in at the moment.. but imagine getting to 55+ and just got all your keys and then bam! new server haha.

Not that I deserve or am entitled to it, but official communication/update around that subject would be really cool
Depends on what you define as "waste" and how you would want to play your character at end game.

For instance, I play on Blue regularly. I don't find it that different than Green really. And if they merged and started a new server you'd likely be max level and raiding at that point, which would mean you could just continue to do that on the merged Blue/Green since the end game raiding scene never goes away.

"Waste" seems like kind of a nonsensical term here. The characters never go away, the server is always there to be played on.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you define as "waste" and how you would want to play your character at end game.

For instance, I play on Blue regularly. I don't find it that different than Green really. And if they merged and started a new server you'd likely be max level and raiding at that point, which would mean you could just continue to do that on the merged Blue/Green since the end game raiding scene never goes away.

"Waste" seems like kind of a nonsensical term here. The characters never go away, the server is always there to be played on.
I'm not sure why everyone on these forums seems to be wound up so tight haha. I think I will just not post here anymore.

I didnt mean to offend anyone by saying "reset" instead of "merge", or "waste" instead of "enjoy". A careless word may kindle strife, I suppose.

I'm quite sure I was clear about just asking for communication about future plans..but sorry for any misinterpretation and shared opinions. Cheers.
Last edited by solidious77; 03-26-2024 at 01:16 PM..