Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Default Monk Weight Problems

So my gear is relatively light. I have a lot of Wu's stuff (recently got my first quested robe)...the heaviest thing I carry is an IFS. However, I'm still at 18 stones constantly. I know this has to do with other things I carry as well.

I plan to buy a Bag of the Tinkerers but right now all I have is a Brown Soiled Bag and 2 Large Sewing Kits (0.4 wt each). Aside from that I typically carry 160 bandages, 160 shurikens, and about 40 food and 40 water and 30 plat. I also have JBoots (2.5 wt.) and an Idol of Trakanon (nothing at all).

So my question is, what should I be carrying that is expendable and how much of it. I typically pull for groups and sometimes I'll tank if the group makeup calls for it, albeit, rarely. I feel like I desperately need to make up for a lot of gear in a lot of slots after grouping with other monks but I'm not sure where to start at 52+ and this being my first monk. My main is a warrior and there is a lot of talk about what is best for that specific class but it seems there is more diversity among monks and I"m not sure if it's performanced based or if it's just people not knowing what the hell they are doing.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

If you're carrying a shit ton of expendable stuff that's eating up weight, you can always find magicians and shamans and ask them for summoned bags. 0.1 weight, 100% reduction.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Dimensional_Hole_(Item)
http://wiki.project1999.org/Spirit_Pouch_(Item)

Tink bags are also obvious solutions. Just PL someone for 2-3 hours and you'll have your 5k.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Unless you plan on being away from a town for 20+ hours no idea why you're carrying so much food. Maybe drop it down to 80 shurikens and only use them when necessary. Maybe drop 60 bandages also, if you're not soloing ALL the time you dont need that many at all. JBoots weighing 2.5stones sucks. You should drop about 4 pounds dropping your extra junk.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Drop that 30pp and carry a stack of a gem of your choice and pay for ports/rez/whatever with them, or sell some of them if you need pp to restock on consumables.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Kobold

Instead of the large sewing kits you could use Shralok Packs. They are also 0.4 wt, but are also 25% wt red. Go for 200p in EC. Might help a little bit. Would drop 1 lb. off the bag holding the bandages.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Aviak

There's really no reason to carry water either. Being thirsty only affects mana regen, nothing else. My monk is lvl 56 and hasn't carried water since crushbone.those annoying thirsty messages just disappear into combat spam, and you can save several stones of weight!
Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Aviak

Word to that my friend
Old 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Get a Large Soiled Bag for shurikens/food/water/whatever. wt 1.0 100% WR 10 slot, can buy one for around 800p
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Orc

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with weight as well. All I'm carrying is two large bags, one containing 1 stack of milk, rations, and bandages and I'm at 19 stones....My armor is ALL cloth with almost no AC with the exception of my head, neck and face which are leather.

How am I supposed to upgrade to leather armor ever? I've looked at it but I'll go over my weight allowance. Please help!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

From cloth a good upgrade is doing tailoring to make your own Raw Silk armor. After raw silk armor you can make Cured silk armor ( all 0.1 wt I believe ). Just takes a bit of spider farming which you can definitely do at lvl 19. Carry Large Sewing Kits instead of Large Bags for weight reduction
Closed Thread