Old 12-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Orc

hey enigma..did u make it to work?
Old 12-21-2015, 11:08 PM
Large Rat

Nope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2016, 11:46 PM
Large Bat

Any chance there's an updated link to this? I really like the look of it for my cleric.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

are the links not working..?
Old 02-14-2016, 01:53 AM
Large Bat

Trying to download from Dropbox, but it doesn't seem to pop up, am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

There should be a 'download' button when you click the links

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can see if I can host it elsewhere for ya if it's not working
Old 02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Large Bat

Gah I'm sorry, looks like I wasn't logged in. As soon as I did, it let me begin download. Sorry!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

I've been trying DuxaUI for a few weeks and really like it but decided to give this one a shot. This instantly became my favorite. Excellent work with this UI.

The one minor issue I had was that there was nowhere that showed my character's weight without opening the inventory window. So, I made a slight modification to the player window (which was about the only window I could find that had any extra space, which is a testament to the spatial efficiency of this UI) to show current and max weight. I struggled mightily with number placement, and whether or not to include both current and max weight or just current. I wanted the result to be functional but also look decent (which was tough for not having coded any XML before). After considering several different locations and formats (i.e. "current/max" format or splitting them up), I decided to put the current weight in the lower left corner, and the max weight in the lower right. This let me maintain a balanced look to the all the numbers in the window without having to move any of the existing numbers. I don't know yet if my solution is the most ideal, but for an XML newbie, I am happy with how it looks and it gets the job done.

I haven't yet taken a screenshot but it looks just like the existing player window with a small number (same font size as the HP/MANA/EXP percentages) for current weight in the lower left corner, and a number for max weight in the lower right. If there is interest I will post a screenshot of it and provide the updated code I used. And if anyone has ideas about better number placement I am all ears!
Old 02-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

As a follow-up to my previous post, here are a couple of screenshots I took this weekend. One the left is the melee version, and on the right is the caster version. Again, actual weight in lower left, max (unencumbered) weight in lower right.

Note also on the caster version another small upgrade I made to the pet window. The target window has a numeric value for target percent health, but there wasn't a similar number for the pet window (actually it was turned off). So I turned it back on and moved it down a bit so that it was over the pet health bar. I had to move it down because charmed pet names can be long enough to cover the pet health number. I like to see exactly what the pet's percent health is (rather than estimating from the bar) so I can time my charm breaks a little better.

If anyone is interested in the code for any of these mods, just let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melee_pw.jpg (8.7 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg caster_pw&pet.jpg (36.6 KB, 254 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

That's a great idea and it came out fantastically!
Last edited by khanable; 02-29-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Closed Thread