Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow...this would be huge, would really re write the way chanters need to play in groups. Probably wouldn't matter in full groups with real dps but basically any strat involving keeping a pet in a smaller group would be hit hard. This would be a cool change to see if classic, would require chanters weigh a lot of risk/benefits, might invalidate or otherwise nerf some current playstyles, etc. Of course it would have no impact on solo chanters at all...

Between this and charisma maybe not impacting charm (depending on implementation) that could be two very big differences!
True, but as far as the charisma goes the evidence is inconsistent so I doubt that would get changed
Old 11-22-2019, 03:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first avenue of attack would be to look for evidence of increased mob resistances at higher (35+) levels, because it exists.

There is player evidence of this too in-era, lots of chanter complaints about resists.

There's the usual bitching and exaggeration factor to take into account but I do think resistances could use a bump at the higher end.

I think chanter charm power is the result of lots of little things adding up to a big thing.
I think your post makes a lot of sense. However, if you start increasing overall magic resistance then you'll have a lot more people bitching besides charmers about how useless their magic based spells are. There's also the issue of quantifying the changes like others have already noted in this thread.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Banned

60 pages
Old 11-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They implemented dire charm.

They obviously didn't see charm as an issue, or that would never have made it ingame.
No, this is your bias concluding such.

AAs were a major selling point to keep people subscribed into another expansion, even though most people hadn't even gotten their kunark progression finished (let alone velious).

Dire Charm was sold by the devs to enchanters as FINALLY a working long duration charm (with a limitation).

If you take a look at the AAs as a whole in Luclin and PoP expansions, you will see that the intent was to fix loose ends and poor viability throughout all the classes.

During live (shortly before kunark -> Luclin) I mainly played enchanter. I gave charming a shot at many points [I was always advised in group/raid to not use it] solo. MR values in live EQ were the absolute devil. Tash resisted, DDs resisted almost 90%, Color stuns resisted, Mesmerize resisted, root broke/resisted, and charm was no exception. << not even talking Charm Duration - but rather what happens after a break - when mes resisted, recharm resisted, color stun resisted, root failed often a charm break left an enchanter with low mana and a pissed off healer.

Yes things resist on p99 - but the resist rates even with tash/malo on live were absolutely brutal in comparison. Part for why I think Wizards get so shafted on p99 is because their Evo nukes were designed to resist much less (8-10% or so) than other classes [not just lures].
Last edited by eunomios; 11-22-2019 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 11-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Tash is unresistable.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunomios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, this is your bias concluding such.

AAs were a major selling point to keep people subscribed into another expansion, even though most people hadn't even gotten their kunark progression finished (let alone velious).

Dire Charm was sold by the devs to enchanters as FINALLY a working long duration charm (with a limitation).

If you take a look at the AAs as a whole in Luclin and PoP expansions, you will see that the intent was to fix loose ends and poor viability throughout all the classes.

During live (shortly before kunark -> Luclin) I mainly played enchanter. I gave charming a shot at many points [I was always advised in group/raid to not use it] solo. MR values in live EQ were the absolute devil. Tash resisted, DDs resisted almost 90%, Color stuns resisted, Mesmerize resisted, root broke/resisted, and charm was no exception. << not even talking Charm Duration - but rather what happens after a break - when mes resisted, recharm resisted, color stun resisted, root failed often a charm break left an enchanter with low mana and a pissed off healer.

Yes things resist on p99 - but the resist rates even with tash/malo on live were absolutely brutal in comparison. Part for why I think Wizards get so shafted on p99 is because their Evo nukes were designed to resist much less (8-10% or so) than other classes [not just lures].
Thanks for sharing your feels.

I understand people considered you terrible.

Is there more you want to share? We are here for you.

Those tash resists must have been hard. Do elaborate.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunomios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was not always the case.
Tell us more.

Special people should share their stories.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1551 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow...this would be huge, would really re write the way chanters need to play in groups. Probably wouldn't matter in full groups with real dps but basically any strat involving keeping a pet in a smaller group would be hit hard. This would be a cool change to see if classic, would require chanters weigh a lot of risk/benefits, might invalidate or otherwise nerf some current playstyles, etc. Of course it would have no impact on solo chanters at all...

Between this and charisma maybe not impacting charm (depending on implementation) that could be two very big differences!
it doesn't matter, since every great group has at least 6 chanters, none of their pets do over 50% of the damage

real green experience
Old 11-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tash is unresistable.
Not from launch until May 1999 it wasn't.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not from launch until May 1999 it wasn't.
That timing would be perfect, hopefully by then mage pets are patched so I can revert to the class you previously wrecked.
Closed Thread